Postmix Keg Gas/liquid Plugs And Disconnects

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewerben

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have any decent schematics or photos of the different types of gas and beer line disconnects? I have a bunch of these where I work and am trying to sort out which is which. Other than sometimes being painted white or black (which ours aren't) and the fact they're not interchangeable are there any obvious visual features that make identification possible?

I have so many different types and cannot simply group them into 2 distinct types - some disconnects don't fit any plugs and visa versa... weird...

Thanks
Ben

Good photos can be found on the sponsor's sites above.

Generally Grey = Gas in, Black = beer out for the QD's.

My kegs at home all generally have slightly different posts, needing a different spanner/socket for each.

In terms of identifying which is which, well I would be cautious as iirc a gas QD will go onto the beer post but then not be able to be removed (or is it the other way around?).

You dont want to resort to smashing them off with a hammer if stuck on the wrong post :(

Gas posts will generally have a line around where the spanner goes to remove them.

Also they are slightly different sizes, but the line should be your best bet.

Yes, the gas ones will be a right prick to get off if put on the beer out post as the flared bit that the QD's click onto is bigger on the beer out post. I done this the first time I used a keg and the only way I could get it off was levering it with a big f**k off screwdriver and practically jumping on it. made a mess of th QD.

ball lock gas post on a corny has a multihex or single hex with a line around it[looks like two nuts]beer out is single hex as far as the stainless disconects go dont know how there identified,maybe give Ross a call at Craftbrewer

Latest posts

Back