Post Natal Depression

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who needs to see a counsellor when we have AHB! :D

Thanks again all for your support, generosity and PMs.

Blake - i'll be right, im going to chuck down 2 fresh worts on the weekend to see me through for a while. You never know though I may change my mind....getting sick of Carlton Draught/Dray/Shire :lol:

Anyway BIG NEWS....my wife is possibly having one more ECT on Friday. She is allowed to have our baby boy full time from Tuesday. AND she is allowed to come home next Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all.
Steve

Congrats on the good news, Steve. I've been watching this thread for a while and didn't know if i should post or not, having not been through it myself. But it can happen to anyone, and it's bad to see your family suffer like this. Hope things only get better for you, your wife and kids, mate. :beer:
Cheers, Pete

Hi Steve,

Only just saw this post but wanted to say hang in there mate. My wife has suffered chronic depression for a long, long time (since she was 15) and I know first hand how hard it can be. She's had a few stints in hospital and I know exactly what it's like to have to keep the show on the road. Working, traveling to see her, keeping the home in order, mortgage paid and a smile on the face is sometimes too much to bear. At times I didn't know how I'd go on but when you've got mates and family around to support you, you'll make it through. And reading the replies to your post, I reckon you've got a fair few people who are there to look out for you.

Thankfully mate, it will get better, I'm sure of it. After her last stint in hospital in may last year, my wife's a different person. I'm so proud of how far she's come and we just found out she's pregnant with our first child :D To say I'm ecstatic would be an understatement! I do worry about Post Natal Depression a lot, but I know whatever life throws at us we can deal with.

As I said before, hang in there mate. She's lucky to have a husband like you and your kids lucky to have you as a father. I wish you and your family all the best Steve. Just remember - without bad times we wouldn't know what good times are.

Chris

Steve - I just found this thread during a search!
Mate - you know where I am - anytime you want to natter or have a break, you're most welcome kids and all and we'll chew the fat over a few pints. I've always got a beer for you mate...

You know my mobile number / email addy / PM - I'm doing another Dortmunder on Saturday night - you're welcome to pop in. The missus is on night shift all the long weekend so it's three days of brewing! :chug:

Cheers and our thoughts are with you and your family.

Chin up mate...Rowan ;)

Tickstar and TL - what touching posts. Thanks very much. Congrats on the news of your first child Tickstar. Make sure you wife is monitored throughout the pregnancy for depression. There is pre-natal depression also. All the best. Sorry TL I couldnt make it on Saturday I was knee deep in nappys and train sets! :p

Well todays the day. We've been given the nod. My wife is allowed to come home today. Its still going to be a while before everythings back to normal...but im so happy my best mates coming home.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has kept me going with your posts and PMs. I cant believe the generosity shown to me over these past 2/3 months. Even a dragon at my work who Ive had countless run ins with turned up yesterday with the biggest dish of lasagne ive ever seen for me. Thanks to everyone who has offered me kegs of beer, wine, phone numbers for a chat. Hope one day we can catch up and I'll buy you a beer.

I used to think I didnt have many friends. How wrong I was. Ive learnt alot about life, myself, my friends, family, what is important in life......BEER OF COURSE :p Hanging to get the mashtun and kettle out of the shed and back under my carport.

Thanks and Cheers
Steve

That's good news, Steve. I hope it all goes well for you.

All the best, mate.

Top news Steve.

Missed you a few weekends back, but we missed the RIS too....

So We're coming back for the RIS mid July..offer is still open but asssume you'll be up the neck with a 'happier' family.

Hey Steve,

Was planning on posting tonight to say I hope all is going well for your wife coming home tomorrow, but is seems she is home today. Fantastic.
Like many members I've read but not posted and have felt for you.
Wishing you all the best for moving forward, and I hope life moves closer to normal soon.

Beers,
Doc

Steve.

Missed this one as well, hope everything continues with the smooth sailing.

All the best mate.
Ben.

Hi Steve,

My wife Tanya and I went through this. In fact, it wasn't until our last child that we recognised that she'd had it with the first two. (She was depressed - but was able to control it.)

It took the extreme of her trying to kill herself before we even knew there was help available... She failed because I came home earlier then expected so we were lucky... Whatever any person does, do something about even a suspicion that things aren't quite right!!!

There are innumerable support groups available for any person going through this chemical change in a large percentage of women (which can be treated!!!) and there are support groups for men, women and even whole families. (You do NOT have to 'go-it-alone' as I did!!!)

SEEK HELP... You'll never regret it like you will if you don't and your spouse succeeds in trying to kill themselves and/or your children.

Ive been following this for a bit.

Its great to see that mateship is alive and well here on AHB (my thoughts prompted after reading TLs last Post). Its one thing to wish someone well, but another thing to back a thought/wish with an a real offer. Good on you TL, I would buy you a beer any day of the year.

Edit: Sorry guys Mr Chug not right for this one.

Latest posts

Back