Poll: Sauce - In The Fridge Or Out?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sauce. In the fridge, or out?

• In.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Out.

• Sauce?

• Total voters

seravitae

Reaction score
Okay so. Seems my local crowd is divided on this one, so I'm interested to know.

Do you keep your sauces (tomato, barbeque, sweet chilli, etc) in the fridge (according to label's instructions), or do you live life on the edge and store it in your pantry.

I myself, choose to abide by the official sauce regulations and store it in the fridge. However, my girlfriend is a leading member of the sauce-pantry assocation, which is just wrong.

AHB, what's your take on the matter?

Cheers,

Seb.

In the pantry here.

(Taco sauce lives in the fridge though).

sauce stays in the cupboard, i like to live life on the edge

I like to taste what I'm eating so I keep tomato sauce in the bin.

I heard a tale sometime back that most sauces were OK to keep in the cupboard, but some marketing guru came up with the idea that if they were kept in the fridge they would be more visible to the user and hence, used more often, so they put the refridgerate after opening on them to get the sales up. My sauce stays in the cupboard.

cheers

Browndog

ivwe been on both sides of the fence. anything witha vinegar or water/salt combo stays in the pantry.. e.g. soy sauce, chilli hot sauce.

living with my folks it was all sauces in the pantry for as long as i remember and im still alive, just. only since moving out ive been fridging bbq and tomato sauces. i guess its mainly because i'll make my own bbq from heinz ketchup as the base. So tomato has just migrated to the fridge as well.

I myself, choose to abide by the official sauce regulations and store it in the fridge. However, my girlfriend is a leading member of the sauce-pantry assocation, which is just wrong.
My Worcestershire, sweet chilli and other specialty sauces say nothing about 'refrigerate after opening', the coles home brand 1L tomato sauce says to keep it in the fridge, but it's too big to bother with that.

Tomato sauce in the fridge, BBQ sauce in the pantry. Tin foil hat always on head

i even store my tomato relish and pickles in the fridge..home made Worcestershire fridge also

I don't care for tomato sauce, whether it's been stored in the fridge or not. I like to taste my food.
Now, on the other hand, mayo on chips is the go, a very Dutch thing to do.

another one for the cupboard here. if it was gunna kill me it would of happened by now!

Sauce out of the fridge. Hasn't killed me yet.

Mayo on chips ain't bad!
My fave is a chip sandwich with mayo & sweet chili sauce. Yum

i reckon sour cream and sweet chilli is a better goer than mayo, myself.

Latest posts

Back