Podcast - The Brewing Network

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news.

Hey, just a quick question that someone here might know.

My girlfriend has an ipod that I might borrow for brewing podcasts and we have her itunes library on my computer with iTunes V.4.0 (the copy of library-no back up or other computer).

When trying to download podcasts it wants me to upgrade to iTunes Version 6 to support it. Does anyone know if it's as simple as downloading the version 6 and installing it over the top of the previous version-kind of like an update-or do I have to uninstall the version 4 and back up the library somewhere then download and install version 6 and move the library back?

I think I heard rumours of version 6 being a PITA for PC/Windows users.

Basically, I'm scared of overwriting her library if I install version 6. If I did it for brewing stuff I'd be a dead man. :ph34r:

Anyone here done it?

Thanks, Justin

I've installed over the top of the previous versions all the way up to 6.0.1.3
Haven't had any probs and I've got 11Gb of music.
Because it is your girlfriends I'd backup the music though just to be sure :p

Doc

Thanks mate. I assumed you could just install over the top but I couldn't find any reference to it on itunes support or google etc.

Thanking you greatly.

Cheers, Justin

Justin said:
Good news.

Hey, just a quick question that someone here might know.

My girlfriend has an ipod that I might borrow for brewing podcasts and we have her itunes library on my computer with iTunes V.4.0 (the copy of library-no back up or other computer).

When trying to download podcasts it wants me to upgrade to iTunes Version 6 to support it. Does anyone know if it's as simple as downloading the version 6 and installing it over the top of the previous version-kind of like an update-or do I have to uninstall the version 4 and back up the library somewhere then download and install version 6 and move the library back?

I think I heard rumours of version 6 being a PITA for PC/Windows users.

Basically, I'm scared of overwriting her library if I install version 6. If I did it for brewing stuff I'd be a dead man. :ph34r:

Anyone here done it?

Thanks, Justin
[post="93890"][/post]​
You should be fine installing version 6. It should not upset her collection at all.

The Brewing Network stuff appeared on iTunes about two weeks ago. I think they are doing a soft launch before promoting it. I'm glad they got around to it.

great to see the brewing network have a chance to finally add this feature

Got to say the other beer radio programs seem either a little dry or lacking in some places.

Mark WS

OK hope this doesn't hijack this thread......

I am looking at getting an iriver for music etc.
As I don't even know what a podcast is will I be able to wack them onto the iriver so I can listen to the brewing network?

Hoops

Hoops said:
OK hope this doesn't hijack this thread......

I am looking at getting an iriver for music etc.
As I don't even know what a podcast is will I be able to wack them onto the iriver so I can listen to the brewing network?

Hoops
[post="94058"][/post]​
You will. They are just mp3 files, in most cases, that have an associated rss feed so your client can download them automatically. You will need a podcast aggregator like ipodder, ipodderx or a website like odeo.com.

The only real advantage of using an ipod is that it sets the podcasts up into their own podcast folder and can be more automated and easy to use. I am biased towards ipods though as I think their user interface and thus usability is great. But that is just my opinion.

Doc said:
Thanks BeerPal.
We spotted it yesterday. See topic here.
Good to have the official announcement though.

Beers,
Doc
[post="94053"][/post]​

That's 'cuz you blokes are a day ahead of us Yanks, time-wise. Lot's further than that in almost every other respect. :p

Latest posts

Back