Plate Filter.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright...it's time to come clean. The plate filter didn't turn out to be ideal, because of the rigmarole involved with getting the papery taste or 'paddiness' out of the filters. I followed the directions to a tee, and when I queried elements of the results with the supplier of the filter, all of a sudden there was a whole lot of other stuff I should be doing, including flushing with sodium met, citric acid blah blah blah. So I said - nope. Not doing that to MY beer. Sorry. NO way. Money back please :) Simple. And I wasn't really thrilled about the amount of water I ended up being advised I'd need to put through it in the end.

So I bought one of Ross's. And it works great! Gravity feed, no problems, nice clean beer no dramas, no chemicals or ridiculous water flushes.

$500 cheaper

So to those of you who said 'paper taste'.....thanks for telling me even if I didn't listen <_<

And those of you who were looking at getting one - don't.

Dom,
Sincere thanks for taking one for the team and moreso falling on your sword when it would have been far easier to save face and let that exercise slip into oblivion. This is what I like about AHB, the collective wisdom brough about by people such as yourselves enables us to make far better beer, have more fun doing it, and share in both the pain and glory !
If we listen anyway ;)
:lol:
Cheers
Doug (who has a gravity fed Craftbrewer filter)

Back