Plastic Fantastic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltedhopalong

Reaction score
Hi All,

Craftbrewer has a page dedicated to turning those pressure sprayers (for spraying roundup etc.) into mini-kegs. Personally, I think that's just blurdy wonderful. So CHEAP!!!

http://oz.craftbrewer.org/Library/Gear/GSa...CheapKegs.shtml

If you read the article, you'll see the finished product looks a bit like...

Pkeg3.jpg

copyright craftbrewer....

Anyone done this? Successes, failures?

Specifically, does anyone know what setup he's got happening between the soda stream and the keg? I'm just after any info on the SPECIFIC bits and pieces one might use and where to get them. I want to be able to look up the parts (wherever they might come from) so I know exactly what I need. Too often I come home with my btis and pieces and it just doesn't work the way i thought it might while i was down at Bunnings.

So... it looks like he's put a piece of tubing over the spigot in the soda stream contraption (?) and then run that tubing to a bike pump end-piece.

1. Is my description of what I see right?
2. Is that possible? will for example that tubing hold the pressure, etc.?
3. What kind of tubing is that (or could it be) and specifically, where can I definitely find it and get as cheap as possible?
4. Where could I definitely a bike pump end-piece as cheap as possible?
5. What would be the most effective way to attach the tubing to the bike pump end-piece and the soda stream spigot that would not require welding/grinding/laser beam cutting/nuclear weapons as I don't have these kind of tools immediately available.

Gee, I'm asking a fair bit here! Also, the reason I've started this topic is that I've found most of the info on this kind of thing is a little bit general, I don't have mates who work in the boilermaking industry or anything like that to just scrounge around their sheds, u know? So like I'm looking for someone to show me, ok, you need a such and such from a such and such machine, you can buy this replacement part from these shops, it'll probably cost this much.

(Side note: considering using Keg Chargers instead of soda stream for this application, but I wanna keep this on-topic, so I might start a secondary thread later on - or I guess if you've got something you wanna say, you can start it for me. I have to go out now, so I'll be back later tonight or something to have a chat, cheers.)

P.P.S - I always feel nervous about sounding like a whining n00b when I post "how do I" threads, so if my attitude needs "adjustment"... be gentle???

Cheers guys, talk soon.

hi styla.
just had a look at the site and it appears that you can mail graham directly by clicking on his name!
good luck from an ozzie bottler ;)

cheers amita

There is a Party Keg thread on this site that will answer all your questions (about twenty pages with pictures).

Seriously easy to make. And works well too for those of us too poor to purchase a real party keg!

Cheers

Thanks Muchly, gents. Must've slipped under the radar while i was reading last time.

Cheers

Back