Pint Glasses - Where Is Best To Get Em?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Dr Smurto on Andale - they have had a good range of bar glasses at good prices last time I was there - Dimple pint glasses were cheap. Otherwise there are some nice Duralex pint glasses around.

The local sunday market always has a bloke who has at least one old beer glass, i've got some rippers off him in the past, he wraps them in newspaper as soon as he sees me coming now :D

Cheers

Yard

i got mine from Andale in SA.
I didn't know they were called Nonics so I'm trying to describe them saying "you know.... with a bump on them so you don't drop them when you're pissed."
blank stare and look of confusion.... but a chuckle came from another bloke and he swooped in to take over the sale. seems the first bloke who served me likes a light beer every 2nd century.

I've spent that much time in pubs that now I can't stand the pub glasses at home. I saw some cool frosty modern ones at the pub the other night, and I did consider liberating them for a life of tangent beers instead, then i looked closer and they had Tooheys written on them, then i didn't think they looked cool anymore ;)

As I have just finished my keg set up and have kegs cooling as i type I'm looking for some pint glasses to use in conjunction with it, I figure the extra capacity of the glass will help in the draining of the kegs a little more than my only other dedicated beer glasses of middy size. I would be after around 6 or more so question is... does anyone have a favourite supplier or outlet for such glasses where they arent going to be too expensive? Most retail stores I tend to see have only middies or schooner glasses.

Cheers
Stephen

Stephen I see you are at Roselands. I buy my pint glasses, the british dimpled glass one with glass handles, at the Chinese "general merchandise" stores on Forest Rd in Hurstville. They have survived many a rowdy night and rough clean ups, and are only a few bucks each. I have no idea of their exact contents but I'd reckon they are as close to the old 20oz pint as you'd need :)

PM me a contact mobile, and I'll let you know by SMS whether they are in stock at my favourite shop when I do my regular cruise in a few days - wet week next week, Cheerz Wab.

I order 3 at a time from the pub and slide one into my wifes handbag before heading out!

The frosted ones might help a little - don't have to either:

a) Filter
B) Make excuses

Cheers - Mike

i got mine from Andale in SA.
I didn't know they were called Nonics so I'm trying to describe them saying "you know.... with a bump on them so you don't drop them when you're pissed."
blank stare and look of confusion.... but a chuckle came from another bloke and he swooped in to take over the sale. seems the first bloke who served me likes a light beer every 2nd century.

I've spent that much time in pubs that now I can't stand the pub glasses at home. I saw some cool frosty modern ones at the pub the other night, and I did consider liberating them for a life of tangent beers instead, then i looked closer and they had Tooheys written on them, then i didn't think they looked cool anymore ;)

I have a couple of nice Asahi ones. That's my preferred method of collecting glassware; promos at the bottlo. My current favourite is a Belhaven pint.

I don't do pub glass liberation anymore, unless I'm a) ripped off at a belgian beer bar and/or B) really pissed. Half the time when I wake up with a new glass or two in my collection I take 'em back... if I can remember where they came from.

I'm not a liberator either Kai, although I have taken a glass of beer home for the trip, then taken it back the next afternoon.

most of my current collection has been "liberated" from pubs, but with the prices they charge for beer at pubs these days, I'm pretty sure you're paying for the glassware as well =\

havent got that big of a collection, just a few regular pint glasses, a nice nonic and straight edged one, and a few 10oz and a really nice 12oz handled one.

Cheers guys, im in sydney, didnt realise my location wasnt up in my profile, should be fixed now. Will check out some of the suggestions and hopefully have a cupboard full of new glasses :)

edit - yeah could get em from the pub, but the ones in sydney that serve pints tend to have very large security men hehe

haha up here there's a pub where they dont have security, just walk outside and take your glass/es with you. Wishing i did that when i was there, such nice pint glasses :(

Just got back from a tour of a couple of local second hand stores with these beauties! The left dimple glass is a Pint glass, and the Stein is approx 700ml!

View attachment 14430

All for the bargain price of $4!

I'm not a liberator either Kai, although I have taken a glass of beer home for the trip, then taken it back the next afternoon.

Nothing wrong with that philosophy Tangent - no different to ppl who take shopping trolleys home with them and bring them back next time (or save them for trolley races :huh: )

A roadie is a must!

Ive got a few of those steins Nick B. They're a bugger to drink out of all the time because they are heavy. You'll find that it has 0.5L written on the side of it so its only hold as much as an imperial pint anyway.

So soon we'll be seein' Rook with a PhAT in his hand eh? :D

Warren -

Back