Pint Glasses - Where Is Best To Get Em?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slc7883

Reaction score
As I have just finished my keg set up and have kegs cooling as i type I'm looking for some pint glasses to use in conjunction with it, I figure the extra capacity of the glass will help in the draining of the kegs a little more than my only other dedicated beer glasses of middy size. I would be after around 6 or more so question is... does anyone have a favourite supplier or outlet for such glasses where they arent going to be too expensive? Most retail stores I tend to see have only middies or schooner glasses.

Cheers
Stephen

Stephen

I'll assume by the mention of a schooner you're not from Victoria? Great place in Melb is called The Chef's Hat. It's opposite the Sth. Melbourne Market.
Sells to the hotel and catering industry and has loads of pint glasses in varying shapes. :)

Hope this helps.

Warren -

I just picked mine up from a "kitchen warehouse" type of place in Brissy, so that might be an option. You can also get them online I believe.

Also, put your location in your profile so people know where you live...Might even find someone close who can help!

Cheers

edit: Gah, beaten to the puch again!

Stephen, it'll help with answers if you put your location into your profile. If you go to My Controls/Edit Profile Information, you can put in where you live and people nearby can advise you on where to buy glasses. I could tell you a good place, but if you live in Perth, it's not going to help you much. :D

I get my glasses at places like the Salvo's and op shops etc.

Don't know if you are in the city, but if you are they are a good place to start.

cheers
johnno

Stephen

try your LHBS - a good one should have a half decent selection.

Or else try www.needglasses.com.au for a good range. I just bought a couple of weihenstephan weizen glasses and am chuffed with their service (although they are pretty expensive glasses).

I bought some pint glasses (handles, with the square dimples) from crockers in sydney years ago. Cost bugger all too.

Cheers

Good link Tony... They sell my beloved PhAT pints.. (Duralex Chopes Unies).

Warren -

00001394_769274.jpg

Cheers guys, im in sydney, didnt realise my location wasnt up in my profile, should be fixed now. Will check out some of the suggestions and hopefully have a cupboard full of new glasses :)

edit - yeah could get em from the pub, but the ones in sydney that serve pints tend to have very large security men hehe

I'll assume by the mention of a schooner you're not from Victoria?

around my area all the pubs that are owned by CUB and coles...which is 9 out of 10 :blink: sell schooners, it's a relatively new thing (like last couple of years) but it's what everyone in the area orders now

Try the hospitality store. It's at 193 Parramatta Road Camperdown, left side coming from town. They have cheap glasses, pints, weizen glasses, etc. and there's some big pots there if you need them. :D

Nick, where in Brissy?

Cheers!

I believe it was Kitchenware Plus, near the Hyperdome in Loganholme. The website is http://www.kitchenware-plus.com.au/ but doesn't have much on the site. They did have a large selection from memory, and I picked up a couple of 330ml Pils glasses, as well as my pint glasses.

Also, OT, they were willing to do the Marga Mulino mill for around the $80 mark if you asked quietly....but this was a few months ago

Cheers

edit - yeah could get em from the pub, but the ones in sydney that serve pints tend to have very large security men hehe

I have found a few JS pints & 1/2's in my backpack after a night out down King St wharf. Dunno how they got there :ph34r:

I believe it was Kitchenware Plus, near the Hyperdome in Loganholme. The website is http://www.kitchenware-plus.com.au/ but doesn't have much on the site. They did have a large selection from memory, and I picked up a couple of 330ml Pils glasses, as well as my pint glasses.

Also, OT, they were willing to do the Marga Mulino mill for around the $80 mark if you asked quietly....but this was a few months ago

Cheers

Yep, they have a huge selection of glasses (and anything else for the hospitality industry), although their prcing on most items seems a bit over the top.

I have found a few JS pints & 1/2's in my backpack after a night out down King St wharf. Dunno how they got there :ph34r:

Yeah my girlfriend and I do tend to have a few "new" glasses on the table in the morning if we happen to have a big night somewhere, you could say "borrowing" them from pubs becomes our hobby after about 2am :)...... but alas no pint glasses amongst them.

As I have just finished my keg set up and have kegs cooling as i type I'm looking for some pint glasses to use in conjunction with it, I figure the extra capacity of the glass will help in the draining of the kegs a little more than my only other dedicated beer glasses of middy size. I would be after around 6 or more so question is... does anyone have a favourite supplier or outlet for such glasses where they arent going to be too expensive? Most retail stores I tend to see have only middies or schooner glasses.

Cheers
Stephen

Hi stephen
I got 6 guinness pint glasses for nix, when i bought guinness cans from local bottle shop,I just asked, he was more than happy to pass them over

mike

Back