Pinnacle Celli Clones ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spazmodik

Reaction score
At the moment, I've got one gold Celli and two gold Andales. I love the flow restrictor which has made the job of pouring stouts so much easier.

Unfortunately, saving up another $300 to replace my two Andales with real Celli's will take me bloody ages, and that doesnt include shanks and connections! I know a few people have bought the Celli look alikes from Pinnacle wholesalers (either directly or through eBay). These are the ones that sometimes sold with fonts on eBay.

I'm after some feedback on how well they work.

see...

http://www.pinnaclewholesalers.com.au/prod...5e39176d0070c18

No problems with mine now they are hooked up. I think the main prob with getting them off this supplier is the stuffing around with missing/incorrect parts sent out, but saying that they are most helpfull & apologetic about it. All worked out in the end for me fine

Ordered two of these a couple of weeks ago, arrived in under 5 days, with all the parts intact.
Can't comment on how effective they are as I haven't got my setup running yet, but they look great, and $50 seems like a bargain compared to any other taps that I have seen.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

No problems with mine now they are hooked up. I think the main prob with getting them off this supplier is the stuffing around with missing/incorrect parts sent out, but saying that they are most helpfull & apologetic about it. All worked out in the end for me fine

I bought a petrol-powered mulcher from them a few months ago. It's a big tin shed in a wonderfully rural light industrial complex (no pavement) on the furtherest outskirts of Ballarat. There's a guy, his father and some droid (could be younger, less entrepreneurial brother) working there. The guy is clearly the powerhouse of the place and about as helpful as you could want. The father is a bit of an old crusty, but decent enough and the droid is just the guy who works there.

I have no first-hand usage knowledge of their breweriana, but based on the mulcher and *looking* at their other stuff, I reckon that as long as you know what it is that you are buying (cheap) and accept everything that goes along with that, you're okay.

I'm guessing that it would fit their celli variants, but not sure about the real deal. They sell the font with two of their celli clones as a package (see their font section). Strangely, it costs $30 more than buying the parts on their own ... LOL... Someone wasnt thinking too hard ...

I checked the site out and looking at their Celli tap rip-off, it seems to look very similar to the real Celli tap, especially the thread and connection area.

Of course looks aren't everything, but with absense of a font to fit the real Celli taps on the market in Australia, this may well do the job.

Mine work fine, however I notice that they leak a bit if I push the 'creamer' too hard (i.e. pushing the tap backward puts a creamy head on the beer, but pushing it too hard results in a small trickle of beer out the front of the tap). Nothing too much, so I'm not worried. Meh, I guess you get what you pay for, and this is a great tap for $50.

The extra money for the combo might be because it comes with connectors/spacers for the taps? Not sure, but the taps I got needed spacers to mount them on the un-flooded font? Just a guess...

I have ordered two.

Will put up my own feedback and comparison to the real Celli when they are delivered and setup.

Mine work fine, however I notice that they leak a bit if I push the 'creamer' too hard (i.e. pushing the tap backward puts a creamy head on the beer, but pushing it too hard results in a small trickle of beer out the front of the tap). Nothing too much, so I'm not worried. Meh, I guess you get what you pay for, and this is a great tap for $50.

The extra money for the combo might be because it comes with connectors/spacers for the taps? Not sure, but the taps I got needed spacers to mount them on the un-flooded font? Just a guess...

I have ordered two.

Will put up my own feedback and comparison to the real Celli when they are delivered and setup.

Can one of you guys tell me the size of the thread on the taps from pinnacle?

3/4" or 5/8"

or something all together different.

I'm pretty keen on finding out the quality of these taps. I'm going to be setting up a bar at home soon so would like some new fonts and taps at a resonable price.

Recieved mine in the post this morning. The measurements are pretty much identical to my Celli, and in fact I can interchange ther shanks and probably other parts between them.

The flow restrictor works fine although not quite as well as my Celli. I did have to pour a bit slower on my stout to reduce foaming. The creamer works better than my celli one.

The base shank is the same size as the celli. (i.e. quite short @ 36-37mm without the plastic collar).

The rest of the dinesions are the same as the celli.

WOW quick delivery. Got mine this morning after just buying online on Tuesday arvo. Will hopefully install it over the weekend.

Awesome. What shanks have people used on these taps to go through fridges? And were did they get them? I have been hanging out to buy a Celli but price has put me off and my current ones work the lines p!ss me off

Awesome. What shanks have people used on these taps to go through fridges? And were did they get them? I have been hanging out to buy a Celli but price has put me off and my current ones work the lines p!ss me off

As far as I know, the only option is the one that is sold by Craft Brewer as they had it specially made?

You can also make do with the short shank if you but out rebates in your collar or only have a thin section to pass through...

Is there a shank to fit these to a font?
Or does someone need to make one?

Batz

Just browsing their site and noticed their kegs are $55!