Pilsner Urquell Cheaper Than Tooheys Pils ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some beers don't have a use by date. Last time I checked a Coopers' bottle, it had a best after date. And some beers have a BEST BEFORE which is not the same thing as a USE BY.

So how does this food safety regulation get enforced?

And since when do all beers have live yeast in them?
Like most regulations they aren't enforced well. A hotel/bottlo is only likely to get caught if someone complains or an audit is done for some other reason (like a food poisining scare and the Dept Health come sna checks all the workers qualifications). And I should mention that I know its Vic law, I dont know about the other states.

Sort of off topic, but I tasted my PU K&K clone last night. of course not as good as the real thing but man it was nice. younger than some of my other beers and tastes better. I put more in the fridge for tonight. yum.

I always check the use-by date, and if you think Australia as a whole is a dumping ground for old stale beer, Tasmania is the sorriest state when it comes to it. I can hardly ever find imported beers NOT past their use by date. Sometimes (Orval, one of my favourites) it doesn't matter and they go on special when they're about to run out.
My main bottleshop (used to be my main bottleshop) just redesigned their layout so the glass-front beer fridge is in FULL ALL-DAY SUN! :blink:
When I raised this with the manager he gave me the blankest look you can imagine... what the hell was I talking about... All this imported beer tastes like crap anyway! Needless to say anything not in cans was light-struck AND past its use-by date... :(

On the light side they had DAB on special in 500mL cans... use-by next year... yummm... :party:

MFS

funny people should bring up Pils Urquell today - bought a slab from NQR Saturday for $30

Just can't say no sometimes!

Latest posts

Back