Pigsfly

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgriff

Reaction score
Can anyone out there help me out with a clone recipe of pigsfly pale ale been hunting for ages
Cheers

Sgriff,

Haven't tried it sorry mate, but it usually helps on here when you are chasing a clone recipe, to figure out what style the beer is, then try to describe the characteristics about it that you like.

From here members often have usefull info on how to get those characteristics into your beer.

It is pretty difficult to clone a beer exactly, due to so many variable in a brew, but you can get close by copying the subtle characteristics, and may well make a beer you prefer to the original.

Also, what sort of brewing do you do? Kits? Extract? All grain?

All important info.

Good luck

Marlow

So a basic APA?

Pale malt base, mix of light and dark crystal. Chinook to bitter and cascade to finish...

Was actually considering doing an apa similar to this. But with a mix of amarillo and cascade for flavour and aroma.

Cheers
Phil

So a basic APA?

Pale malt base, mix of light and dark crystal. Chinook to bitter and cascade to finish...

Was actually considering doing an apa similar to this. But with a mix of amarillo and cascade for flavour and aroma.

Cheers
Phil

I'd be surprised if there was any dark crystal in it to be honest. "A unique blend of pale and crystal malts" probably means 90%pale 5%carapils 5%[your favourite light crystal] or something like that.

Cheers Ross thats what i was looking for still new to the brewin game but lovin it tastes so much better that ya commercial beers

Thanks steve sounds like thats a pretty close match i'll give that ago this time round awesome.

I'll take it you have brewed that recipe how did it turn out

Back