pH meter - Useful or not?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jc64 said:
So say I mash in, leave for 15 minutes, get a sample, let it cool then take a reading. Does that seem like the best time when measuring the PH of the mash?
Could someone answer this sensible question please, I would be interested to know also.

nala said:
Could someone answer this sensible question please, I would be interested to know also.
Sounds good to me, pretty much same method I use.

Type this into google and the most current one will come up. You can do the same for other water supplies in other towns/states.

'typical water analysis melbourne water'

2012 is the most recent:

http://www.melbournewater.com.au/content/library/water_storages/water_quality/Typical_analysis_of_Melbournes_water.pdf

To get an accurate picture, you need to find out which reservoir or reservoirs your water comes from but I have found that emailing the contact page and asking normally gets an answer within the week.

Might make ya beer clearer?Isinglass/Finings is made from fish guts.could do an Oyster and Fish Stout in one.Ph meter would come in handy then

Latest posts

Back