Perth water - Wanneroo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you actually put a teaspoon and pinch off?
Into a typical Bitter Ale of 21L (final vol) RO water I add 10g Gypsum 5g Calcium Chloride 2g Magnesium I have never had to add anything else other than the ingredients for the recipe to hit the mash Ph.
The Ph readings of my last brew were Tap water 6.17, RO 3.3, RO+minerals 3.5 Mash Ph 5.13 I have never had to add acid to hit the mash Ph range, ever, Bitters, Pales, Porters, Faux Lagers.
My typical bitter recipe is 4kg ale, 110g caramunich, 20g midnight wheat 1/2kg brewers invert#3 + Hops Fugg GEK Styrian. I don't use a lot of math! I let my taste buds do the thinking. Cheers....

Into a typical Bitter Ale of 21L (final vol) RO water I add 10g Gypsum 5g Calcium Chloride 2g Magnesium I have never had to add anything else other than the ingredients for the recipe to hit the mash Ph.
The Ph readings of my last brew were Tap water 6.17, RO 3.3, RO+minerals 3.5 Mash Ph 5.13 I have never had to add acid to hit the mash Ph range, ever, Bitters, Pales, Porters, Faux Lagers.
My typical bitter recipe is 4kg ale, 110g caramunich, 20g midnight wheat 1/2kg brewers invert#3 + Hops Fugg GEK Styrian. I don't use a lot of math! I let my taste buds do the thinking. Cheers....
My tap water is just above yours I might try similar additions and see how I go on the ph metre. Try to get it down to 5 for a pale ale

Latest posts

Back