Perth Brewers Look Here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deebee
that place in leederville sounds good.keep us posted with times/dates as i wouldnt mind calling in while im in perth.

cheers
big d

Yeah, no worries bigD. With any luck there might even be one while you are down here. Maybe give that leif bloke an email and tell him your dates? Address on this thread.

I remember when I lived in Broome I used to hang out to go to the city. Good cheap food, night life, shopping, I even used to miss traffic lights.

Hit it hard bigD

simsy is new on this site.hope you read this mate and join the aussie hb gathering in sept.should be the grouse.

cheers
big d

well you lucky bugger maybee us south aussie should have our own and tour west end mega swill muck as coopers dont do tours yet and we could then go to monks shop and try our good creations

hey jaz
what happened to the grumpys gathering?now that would be a good time learning heaps comparing brews and having a few ales over a wood fired pizza.not quite a round of micro breweries but all the same a great time to fit faces to the names on the web.maybe you guys could get together at the port dock if its still going.
dont know of many other micros in adelaide town.been away far to long.

cheers
big d

port dock would be better its close the holdfast has a micro too

forget grumpies pizza it too over priced the jovial monks shop would be better

hey kook
have we come up with an agreeable date yet?

cheers
big d

27th looks like the date most convenient.

I'll call Sail & Anchor tomorrow morning :)

thanks kook
hope it doesnt go the way the adelaide grumpys gathering has gone.lots of talk and no one can set a date and say be there or be square.
i will venture to freo to check out the micros wether or not it goes ahead.i will have travelled too far to miss out on the micros.

cheers
big d

I popped into Clancy's (Freo) on Sunday and I think their range has narowed in the last 12 months ( I used to love a Hoegaarden or 2) :(

The BUG from M/River was pretty tastey though.....

sounds like an idea im in for it on that wonderful day in spetember
is it grand final day though???

EDIT: I just checked it is...

Shit, better change it to the Sunday then. Is the Sunday ok for everyone. Kook, have you booked in a S&A tour for the Saturday (appreciate your efforts, mate). Would be a shame to have smaller numbers due to the footy. The Sunday should be OK for an outing because the next day is a public holiday.

Bid D, The International Beer Club is having tastings every Wednesday for a few weeks in a row starting in a couple of weeks. If you email them, they should be able to book you in for the time when you are here.

S&A havent got back to me yet, I emailed them about it. I'll give them a ring next week if I havent had a response.

I have no problem with the Sunday, if everyone is ok with it I'm happy to change it.

hey deebee did you get a beer pack from IBS? Not a bad deal for $50. Nice little selection of beers to taste.

deebee have emailed ibc .no probs with the date unless the mighty crows are in the finals.
im sure most of the pubs on offer will have a tv or two.

cheers
big d

You never know bigD, Crows could well be there. If Dockers are playing, every TV in Freo will be tuned in so you won't miss a thing. Could happen, they're still a chance for the top 4!!!

Look, worse comes to worse, I don't mind watching the footy at the pub with beer. Would still prefer Sunday but Saturday is ok if that works out best for everyone.

Kook, bloody good value, I thought. My wife's not so sure. Which ones have you tried so far?

Loved that Burgerbrau Bernauer Schwarzbier. Das Feine was really good too. Enjoyed the Surefoot Stout. Sad to say the hightail ale was less than I expected it to be, after all the hype I read about it. Not bad, but a bit thin and mild for mine. Trying the Blanc Neige (spelt?) tonight.

I'll probably go another one of those boxes for $50, I reckon.

(Freo Heave-ho!)

as i will be on holidays while in perth basically anyday will suit me.providing the wife hasnt got me driving her around on a shopping spree.

cheers
big d

I've tried 5 so far.

MG Hightail ale - Boring average ale, quite dissapointing.
Holgate Old Pale - Nice! Interesting english pale
Berliner Burgerbrau Rotkehlchen - Boring, bland and a little too sweet
HB Munchen Oktoberfest - Tasty! Well balanced, clean finish.
Artevelde Grand Cru - Very average belgian strong. Interesting, but not worth the asking price.

I'm a little dissapointed about the mountain goat. Hopefully the surefoot stout will make up for it.

I agree the Holgate was a good one. Surefoot was nothing stunning but I like stouts and I enjoyed it well enough. Not sure what everyone likes so much about high tail ale. The Schwarzbier is the highlight for me so far. Will probably buy that one again. I also enjoyed the Blanche des Neige last night despite reading some scathing reviews on the Beer Advocate and elsewhere.

I tried a Hightail the other night and too was a little dissapointed (especially after reading previous posts about it).

But I did try an Abbaye des Rocs though and it was absolutely beautiful - has anyone else had some, is it just me or is this really exceptional stuff ? The nose was unbelievable..... wasn't cheap though ($ 7:20 / 330ml at the IBS)

Back