Perlick Growler filler (525SS) - POS

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Reaction score
Just curious how many people out there have used the growler fillers for the 525SS?

I bought one from cheekypeak (linky) - and it says "525SS" in the title. So I thought it would fit. But the bugger is just impossible to get in.

Cheekypeak sent me replacment orings, but this didn't help. I managed to eventually get it into the tap - but this was only with EXCESSIVE force. Lubed it up and everything.

The only response I had was "it's supposed to be tight"....

Anyone actually find this product works okay?

That's a very small bottle being filled.

719_Perlick_Growler_Filler-800x600.jpg

Same here. Bought one just recently. I was able to fit it into one of my 3 taps if I took the first O-ring off (and it worked a charm), but it wouldn't fit my other taps.

There must be a variation in the spout sizes.

I've had these Perlicks for ages, so I figured they might not be 525ss but they match the photos of others online.

Not sure what to do, since it's a great idea (and worked much better than a wider hose over the faucet).

I might test it on some other Perlicks to see how they go.

I got one and had to then have replacment o rings sent out. Its still as tight as a nuns to get it in but i guess it has to be to provide a good seal. Not sure why they have the thicker o rings to start with

Kodos said:
I've had these Perlicks for ages, so I figured they might not be 525ss but they match the photos of others online.
Well all four of my taps are 525ss, fairly new. I cleaned them really well, yet all are in the same boat.

Coalminer said:
They will not fit the 545PCs either
I've got no idea what the dimensions of the 545PC are. The growler filler is stated to fit "525SS, 575SS & 525PC"

Drew said:
Well all four of my taps are 525ss, fairly new. I cleaned them really well, yet all are in the same boat.

I've got no idea what the dimensions of the 545PC are. The growler filler is stated to fit "525SS, 575SS & 525PC"
Yeah, the 545PC's are much smaller diameter than the others as I found out when I ordered one by mistake

doon said:
I got one and had to then have replacment o rings sent out. Its still as tight as a nuns to get it in but i guess it has to be to provide a good seal. Not sure why they have the thicker o rings to start with
I think I've got a box of different O-rings, I might see if any of them are better.

But even when took the first O-ring off, It was the metal, not the rubber ring, that was too wide.

Did they send you the wrong one? Its pretty snug but was definitely original o rings that was stopping mine going in

I concur, without the o-ring the metal shaft would go in fairly well.

doon said:
Did they send you the wrong one? Its pretty snug but was definitely original o rings that was stopping mine going in
Hard to be sure, I thought they only had one like it - I guess I should call and find out.

I also bought three of these:
tap%20plug%20and%20brush-228x171.jpg

And while the brushes fit, they blue plastic part doesn't go all they way in. They only say that they fit "most" taps, I guess my Perlics aren't one of those types.

As I said originally, my taps are pretty old (5+ years?) so maybe the internal size of the tap varied a little - and while I can't remember for sure which model I bought, they look more like this:

tn2_large_525ss_perlick120710100629.jpg
(525ss) than this (425ss)
Perlick-425SS-beer-faucet-stainless-tap-brew-kegs-bar-adpicture.JPG

That said, I can't find pictures (but can find mention) of a 475ss model, maybe that's what I've got? Is there any way to tell?

I also bought 5 of those brushes!! And again I was overjoyed to see that they didn't fit into my taps! I ordered them at the same time as the growler filler, so I would also have thought the seller would ring me and tell me that the two products I was buying fit different size taps. Oh well.

I subsequently bought these boot-like spout plugs https://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=725 which are actually a great fit for the 525ss. I'll still use the brushes to clean inside the tap.

I suspect you have 525ss, considering I think it was released about 5 years ago. Also - a quick search doesn't show any results for a 475 or a creamer model back then. (i.e. such as the 575 where you push the handle to get froth, pull the handle for normal flow).

(And although I found a dude on maltmunchingmashmonsters called charlie who is looking for a refurb kit for his 475ss, in other posts he clearly refers to his 425ss taps. His reference to 475ss probably just a typo).

Latest posts

Back