Passion Fruit IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barman Dave

Reaction score
Hi all I have heaps of fresh Passin Fruit from the vine was thinking of putting them into a all grain IPA just don't know the best way to go about it any ideas would be great

There's probably a few ways to go about this but I'd be tempted to simply cut and scoop into a large, sanitised and weighted grain bag (or go naked if you have a way to filter pips out after) and add to the FV just after high kraussen. As for how much, not sure, depends on the flavour profile probably, but in a recent raspberry IPA I used just over 2kg of raspberries, you probably wouldn't need to go that far though. Also, don't take my word for it, look up some recipes and techniques online..

I did this recently in a NEIPA. Froze and defrosted the passion fruit then added to secondary ina hop bag for a week. The rate was 1 (homegrown, not supermarket, so about 3-4 tablespoons pulp in each fruit) per litre. Resulted in distinct aroma and not overpowering taste. Could definitely add more but depends on the result you’re after.

Did you end up brewing this B Dave?
Currently having a beer under a vine full of green passion fruit that will be going in an IPA, curious how it went for you.

Latest posts

Back