Party Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too sure how you sealed the hole left after the pump handle was removed afromaiko?
Are you modifying an "Aqua" brand sprayer from Bunnings?
Different makes may need different solutions.
Can you post pics of what you've done?

:beer:

My understanding is that he's cut a disk that fits inside the screwtop to cover the hole left by the pump mechanism. The O ring, removed from the pump, sits on the rim of the openings, and the downward pressure from the disk as you screw the top tight makes the seal. It makes sense to me. I'll give it a go.

Not too sure how you sealed the hole left after the pump handle was removed afromaiko?
Are you modifying an "Aqua" brand sprayer from Bunnings?
Different makes may need different solutions.

My understanding is that he's cut a disk that fits inside the screwtop to cover the hole left by the pump mechanism. The O ring, removed from the pump, sits on the rim of the openings, and the downward pressure from the disk as you screw the top tight makes the seal. It makes sense to me. I'll give it a go.

Ahh, it is a Bunnings cheapie sprayer then Geoffi?
My sprayer is an Yates 6 litre which has an internal thread as opposed to your external thread.
I need a bigger sprayer anyway so it's off to Bunnings this week. Many thanks.

Geoffi, there's no need to take that whole s/stream getup around with you, just pull it apart and use the cylinder coupling and valve. Add some gas tube to this and your disconnect or valve of choice. I use this setup on my portakeg. A squirt of gas when the pour starts to get a bit slow is all it needs.

If you don't want to demolish your "production" s/stream, pick up a cheapie from ebay or garage sale.

Cheers,

Alan.

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

Geoffi, there's no need to take that whole s/stream getup around with you, just pull it apart and use the cylinder coupling and valve. Add some gas tube to this and your disconnect or valve of choice. I use this setup on my portakeg. A squirt of gas when the pour starts to get a bit slow is all it needs.

If you don't want to demolish your "production" s/stream, pick up a cheapie from ebay or garage sale.

Cheers,

Alan.

If anyone in Brissy or the Coast has an old working Sodastream cylinder coupling & valve (as in Als_World's Post 223) they don't need any more can they please PM me. :)

Jimmy that link dosen't seem to be working for me. Anyone else having probs ?
Or is it just me and my Mac :unsure:
Cheers
Doug

Jimmylt..
for some reason i cant open that website..!?!??

can you give me a quick run down on price.
so far the best i have found was finewhip, once i factored in postage it worked out to be around 60c for each 8g bulb, which for me is nearly enough to dispense one of my 4 litre mini kegs.
would be interested in a checking other options.

edit: sorry doogiechap, didnt see your post.
i just worked out that the link is just for the "shopping cart" provided by an external source

can we have the original website before you go to your shopping cart Jimmy.?

Thats the one, i grabbed 100 of the Mosa chargers for $50 puls P&H.

Most of the bike tyre inflators use the 16gr screw in bulbs, at least the one I bought off ebay does and according to my local bike shop that's the only type they stock.

Cheers
Andrew

Most of the bike tyre inflators use the 16gr screw in bulbs, at least the one I bought off ebay does and according to my local bike shop that's the only type they stock.

Cheers
Andrew

A piece or wine cork and a couple of 5c pieces to bring the smaller cartridges up to the correct height is all I did.

Cheers FROGMAN

A piece or wine cork and a couple of 5c pieces to bring the smaller cartridges up to the correct height is all I did.

Cheers FROGMAN

I did the same thing but with a piece of dowel. Works a treat! :super:

These CO2 chargers are really versatile bits of kit. I know KoNG has actually used one to carbonate his mini kegs and even a 18L corny! Only took 5 bulbs or so from memory. Quite a good alternative to a CO2 bottle if you are pressed for room or something. :beerbang:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-Portable-...1QQcmdZViewItem

One of these Geoffi. I believe they also use them to inflate bike tyres to save carrying a pump, so a bike shop may also stock them.

Is that what you use KoNG?

thats exactly what i use jimmy..!
as T.D. mentioned i use a piece of dowel (he actually provided it too :beer: ) to be able to use the 8g bulbs. They work out a lot cheaper, but if you want to use the 12g ones.. G&G have them.
I've dipensed a whole corny on around 2.5 x 12g bulbs.
Last party i used the 8g bulbs to dispense 2 corny's... this was a rather pissy (FA cup) party, with many a noobie using the charger and it still only needed 5 bulbs for each corny ($3.50 per keg)

I have also force carbed (with shaking) a mini keg and a corny with the charger, just to see if it worked... and yep its quite doable. I only did it for bitters, which obviously doesnt require alot.. i probably wouldnt bother trying to da a weizen :lol:

i reckon they are a great little piece of kit for party's...
would be good if someone could get some 16g ones into Oz a bit cheaper..! around 65c for 8g is the cheapest i have sourced.

edit: good at it speellings

I've dipensed a whole corny on around 2.5 x 12g bulbs.

Hey Kong, are you dispensing at carbonation pressure (80-100kpa) or at a much lower pressure? I know when using my party setup with a brumby tap I dispense at about 10kpa.

heya Jye...
i'm using a brumby tap connected straight to the mini/corny keg, so no beer line.
i would usually prime my kegs with dex and then use the charger to dispense. So all you are ever really doing is replacing the lost volume in the keg with CO2 from the charger. to tell you the truth i would know what pressure its serving at. but it doesnt matter, if you want a fast pouring tap, give the charger a big squirt.. if you want a placid pour, give a quick squirt.
is that what you were asking :lol:...?

Geoffi - just noticed the max pressure that the Aqua garden sprayers will take - its written on the side in all those green boxy things that are supposed to be instructions. One of them in the second row seems to show that the release valve will actuate at 25psi. So you'll get your pilsners out of it yet!

EDIT: Thats with the 8L sprayer.

Latest posts

Back