Party Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross - that's a really nice setup - I was thinking along the lines of the wetsuit keg vest but your idea is much neater and I like the look of a proper tap over a pluto gun. It looks a lot more professional and a lot less 'desperado' than rocking up with a keg and exposed gadgetry!

What brand of cooler is it, where from and how much?!

That's real nice Ross. I must look into this myself.
The first time I used one of my little 10L kegs, which was a couple of weeks ago, it was a bit of a hassle getting it into the mates fridge along with the soda stream bottle, reg and pluto gun.
With the soda stream bottle in there, is it effected in any way by being surrounded by ice?
Also, did you need to make some kind of modification so the grundy style tap would fit?

Ross said:
The soda stream fitting is a right angle one, allowing the guage & regulator to sit neatly inside.
[post="57996"][/post]​

Oh bugger, just realised I don't have a right angle soda stream adaptor :(
Where'd you get that from?
I've also got a two gauge Harris 601 reg which is probably a bit bigger than the one your using.

Got the cooler from Campmart ($49) - originally bought for my mash tun - sorry I don't know the model as I replaced the label, which i update with each brew.
The tap simply unscrews with your fingers & the several beer taps i tried, all fitted the hole exactly, so no mods needed at all. The right angled adaptors are sold at Quality Homebrew supplies (Underwood).
I was going to get a wetsuit type made, but they don't cool your beer & on a warm day they are not very effective...

Yeah, forget the wetsuit I reckon!

Also, I have never been to a house where there would be room for a keg in the fridge! I built my 2-keg fridge as a mobile unit so I could turn up with beer for Christmas without imposing on valuable fridge space. But for barbecues etc the esky looks like the only way to go.

Ross said:
There was a bit of interest in my party keg @ yesterdays Brisbane bash, so thought I'd post a few pics...

[post="57996"][/post]​

That is very nice ross....... Much better than carting all this shit around. :ph34r:

Celebration Day
Jayse

magic_party018.jpg

A couple of guys asked how many kegs can be dispensed with a Sodastream - I've only dispensed 2 kegs since I swithched to Sodastream 330gm bottles & I've used 55gms to dispense the 2 x 11.5L kegs. So I guess that's looking like 6 kegs a bottle, not bad for $11.00...

Ross said:
Got the cooler from Campmart ($49) - originally bought for my mash tun - sorry I don't know the model as I replaced the label, which i update with each brew.
The tap simply unscrews with your fingers & the several beer taps i tried, all fitted the hole exactly, so no mods needed at all. The right angled adaptors are sold at Quality Homebrew supplies (Underwood).
I was going to get a wetsuit type made, but they don't cool your beer & on a warm day they are not very effective...
[post="58123"][/post]​

After a quick email from Ross, I went down to campmart and got this cooler, it is 'cooper' brand, 26 litres. I got it for $39.90. Maybe it is on specail at the moment. (I will be using it for my mash tun)

Cheers Ross :beer:

sluggerdog said:
After a quick email from Ross, I went down to campmart and got this cooler, it is 'cooper' brand, 26 litres. I got it for $39.90. Maybe it is on specail at the moment. (I will be using it for my mash tun)

Oooh Oooh Oooh!

Did they have a bigger size too? And where is campmart - awesome!!!

Matt

Hey Jayse or Ross.

You ever dared take those babies into a BYO restaurant yet??

Would win some admirers or what? :super: Take some pics of the faces of the wine tossers while you're there. B)

Warren -

mobrien said:
sluggerdog said:

Oooh Oooh Oooh!

Did they have a bigger size too? And where is campmart - awesome!!!

Matt
[post="58164"][/post]​

nah, the 26 litre is the biggest.

Campmart: www.campmart.com.au

Ross, any chance of a pic of the inside of the cooler without the keg in there?
I can't seem to picture how the beer tap is attached on the other side.

Thunderlips said:
Ross, any chance of a pic of the inside of the cooler without the keg in there?
I can't seem to picture how the beer tap is attached on the other side.
[post="58180"][/post]​

Party_Esky__1_.jpg

Just unscrew tap with fingers & tap goes straight in - I used a large fibre washer under the nut to help make water tight. The beer line goes straight onto the tap with a S/S clamp.

Ross, the tap is attached to one of those shanks that you'd normally use through a fridge door, right?
I've got a couple of those but it would need to be cut down to size.

Thunderlips said:
Ross, the tap is attached to one of those shanks that you'd normally use through a fridge door, right?
I've got a couple of those but it would need to be cut down to size.
[post="58276"][/post]​

not quite sure what you're asking - The screw thread extends into the keg for about the same width as the sodastream bottle & then forms into a connector for your gas line (identical to the keg disconnect fittings your lines attatch to). This extends beyond where the keg sits, but as the kegs are slotted in the base, they sit perfectly over the beer line.

hope this makes sense - if not i'll try & take some better pics for you...

TL,

I think that tap will work - mine doesn't have the end nut, as the nipple is an integral part of the stem, so there is a risk yours will be slightly too long - I would measure up the distance from your keg to the esky edge to make sure, if you are buying mail order...

Latest posts

Back