Partial Fuller's Esb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel.lear

Reaction score
Well after my (lame, half arsed) 1st attempt at a partial pilsner which was a total failure :angry: , I have succeded in my next attempt!! A (as the title suggests) Fuller's ESB clone inspired by the recipe in the BYO magazine.

OMG possibly the best beer i have brewed to date. :chug:

Recipe as follows:

22lts
1kg Light DME
0.6kg Dextrose
0.5kg Perle Ale Malt (Baird)
0.5kg Medium Crystal

25g Target 60 min
15g EKG 15 min

1050 OG
1010 FG
32.8 IBU

1968 london ESB

Maintaining mash temp i found the hardest, as i mashed in a bag in my 20l pot. My temp probably varied from 60 to 66 degrees.

This success has led me to seriously look at procuring a mash tun and boiler.

Cheers

Leary

P.s. Bastards! i can feel the power of the dark side drawing me in! :ph34r:

join us... join the dark side......

:icon_chickcheers: chicks dig AG!

but seriously to help with the mash next time take your pot off the stove and wrap it in an old blanket or towel, make sure that its covered on teh top and bottom too!

i have mashed in a plastic fermenter with only some camp mat and a doona and i didnt loose a degree over a 90 min mash!

Troy

Hmm, must be psychic...drinking a Fuller's ESB now.... MMMM, need to make myself one ;)

Cheers

G'day Leary,

When I was doing partials in a pot I found it alot easier to maintain mash temps if I put it in the oven on a low setting. Play aroung with the dial and a thermometer to find where it can hit temps in the mid 60's. Hit your mash temp on the stove and bung her in.

clay

Latest posts

Back