Pale Ale Hops ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redgums500

Reaction score
Bloody Hell !!!! One Of those days....smashed a guard and a tyre, wool market is in chaos, end of finacial year and to finish it off, one of the kids is throwing up everywhere with gastro. Got home tonight thinking it can't get any worse..... bloody keg run out half way thru the first pour &$*# !! Gallons of beer laying idle CC ing :angry: Found a six pack of Coopers Pale Ale in the back of the fridge ( thank the beer gods )
Enough of my carrying on......... Question: Does anyone know what hops are used in this often maligned beverage ? Local HBS fella reckoned it was either Saaz or Hallertau. Bullshit I say and the bloke is a dill. Any help would be much appreciated.

Redgums

:party:

Not 100% sure, thought they used Pride of Ringwood (POR) probably worth doing a search of the site and see what hits you return.

Oh and RDWHAHB :chug:

I'm with you Mika. Surely POR would be in there somewhere.

Redgums

snipped>>

.... Bullshit I say and the bloke is a dill. Any help would be much appreciated.

Redgums

:party:

Dill indeed :excl:

the hops is....................I'am gunna keep you waiting :lol:

Boozed broozed and broken boned
Jayse

EDIT: Damn in the time it took me to reply someone took the fun out of it :beerbang:

C'mon Jayse..... tell us .... or I'll have to tell every one that Zak copied of Rhandy's sheet music.....!!!

Redgums

hahaha
late night games with Jayse

boys its Slovenian Styrian Goldings.!
they ship it in especially... and it sits in quarantine for a few days.. then its all theirs.!!! similar to what LC's do with their cascades...

Thanks Kong. I just sent Mustaine and Hannerman around to Jayse's to flog it out of him.......spose I should ring and call 'em off ...

Redgums

I think you got everyone at beer fueled mayhem stage.

Pride of Ringwood all the way. They may have switched to PoR+ (a higher AA hop - 13% or so) recently.

Back