Paddy's Brewery Challenge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The winner of this years Paddy's Brewery Challenge is Richard Hawkins. From a very good field, Richard's Dry Stout was a clear favourite with the judges. A big thank you to all those that made the effort to get an entry in. Congratulations to Richard, who has already jumped at the chance to brew for the day at Paddy's & shovel out the mash tun!
Cheers
Gerard

Congratulations Richard on your success, I look forward to trying the stout when it comes on line at Paddy's.

Thanks also to Gerard for putting on a great competition, look forward to next years challenge.

Cheers,

Brett Morris.

Congratulations Richard, a nice feather in your cap!
And thanks Gerard for giving us the opportunity in this comp. I look forward to the score sheets and judges comments.

cheers
Andrew

I hope this is OK for me to do this, but I am sure Darren wants to pass on his congratulations to the winner. He is on a plane to the USA for a work conference at the moment and will do this himself when he can.
Cheers
Mrs Doc

Doc Posted Today, 10:11 AM
I hope this is OK for me to do this, but I am sure Darren wants to pass on his congratulations to the winner. He is on a plane to the USA for a work conference at the moment and will do this himself when he can.
Cheers
Mrs Doc

I'm sure it'll be allright Mrs. Doc.
I think you've just demonstrated the allround class of the Doc household.

Big Congrats to Richard on his success. Without having had the pleasure of tasting, I'd hazard a guess that it was a class field.

Well done Richard - sounds like it was the cream of some great beers - Would love to know the recipe if it's not a guarded secret?... :beer:

Congratulations Richard.
I'm sure it is a beauty.
Better start working on those biceps to empty the mash tun :lol:

Well done,
Doc

Congrats, Richard.

I anticipate tasting it on my next mission to the Paddy's Institution for the Beerologically Inclined.

Seth :p

Well Richard came in very early on Friday just gone to get his Stout brewed.
A very smooth run for the day. The photographer from SMH Good Living took heaps of pics for Willie Simpson.The spent grain was picked up just after lunch, and the cows were grazing on it for dinner. I checked in at the brewery Sat morning and the yeast had kicked in very nicely. Hopefully we will have the Stout on tap for Friday August 19th. It would be earlier but I am off overseas for a week.
Cheers
Gerard

I looked for the Brew section in this weeks Good Living supplement, but alas there was nothing from the Paddy's Brewery Challenge. In fact there was no column at all.
Willie must have been slack and not got his column submitted in time.
Will keep an eye out for it next week.

Beers,
Doc

Willie will be at Paddy's for lunch to meet Richard & try his Stout on Aug 18th. The article is supposed to be in on the 23rd.
Cheers
Gerard

Gerard_M said:
Willie will be at Paddy's for lunch to meet Richard & try his Stout on Aug 18th. The article is supposed to be in on the 23rd.
Cheers
Gerard
[post="70048"][/post]​

Went hunting and found the Good Living section from Tuesday SMH. Alas no article on Richard, Gerard and Paddy's.
Maybe next week Gerard ?

Beers,
Doc

We got bumped back by a week, maybe two due to no advertising which means no pages for articles on beer.
Stay tuned
Gerard

Back