Paddy's Brewery Challenge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Visited Paddy's yesterday.
Enjoyed everything. :beer:
Wheat beer, Summer Ale (IPA), Pale Ale. Choc porter, Lazy Narfa, Amber. Shouted a round by Gerard while he chatted with us and he did an excellent PR job, despite his busy day. Well done.
Another round came from the manager/ owner Jeff (or Geoff).
Lingerie girl was blonde and wore a babydoll outfit.
Cheers 2 everyone who's there 2nite.

Seth out :p

edit: Wow, there really are giraffes. What the?

I didn't make it tonight, but got my entries in on Thursday.
Fingers crossed for the results when they come in.

Beers,
Doc

I dropped a sample of my Berliner weisse to G-man. Just as a taster. He may put it in the comp. As long as he tastes it, that's enough...
Nice "light beer", but a bit tart 2 be commercial. U could dumb it down 4 the masses.

BTW, Gerard, try it without the Ribena first. Not a bad quaffing beer, and I still owe U a sample of the Arrogant, which I was too arrogant to bring.

Seth :p

How is the judging coming along Gerard ?
Are the entries up to standard ?

Beers,
Doc

Glad you asked Doc.
I was just trying to find the post where you asked about how many entries we got etc. We ended up with 24 entries. Not bad when you consider some of the popular beer styles were excluded. The standard has been very good so far. Probably about half way there. When we sort out the top 6 we will have a crack at the 2nd bottle & see what we end up with.
Cheers
Gerard

Oh the suspense ................. :blink:

Doc

Weizguy said:
Performance anxiety, Doc? :D
[post="66698"][/post]​

Not quite. I was talking to Gerard on Thursday and he said he was going to post the Final 6 on Thursday night/Friday morning.
Hense the suspense.

Doc

Just jokin' buddy, U know. Couldn't help myself..

BTW, lucky I emailed him with my beer recipe.
Hope I didn't hold things up?

I'd like to to be in the 6. That's be nice. :D :D

Don't know if they'd sell much Berliner weisse... Nice light beer, tho', and U can always tone down the sourness, like they do @ Redoak (no affiliation), and make it a refreshing lite beer.

Dreamin', I know.

Seth out

P.S. S'pose that means; if the Brewery gets the recipe, they own it?...and we'll not see the recipe ever posted here again? :(

Weizguy said:
BTW, lucky I emailed him with my beer recipe.
Hope I didn't hold things up?

Ah so it is your fault :lol:

I'm sure they are just having difficulties getting it down to the last six, as we are all such top notch brewers :p

Beers,
Doc

The first two rounds of judging have left us with six entries.

The Final Six- in no particular order!

Kolsch - Andrew Clark
Kolsch -Darren Robinson
ESB - Darren Robinson
ESB - Brett Morris
Stout - Doug Owen
Stout - Richard Hawkins

The standard was very good, which is an indication of how far craft brewing has advanced. A big thankyou to all that took the time to enter. We will make our final decision on Tuesday. I will post the results & contact the winner by phone. All entrants will receive their brew sheets in the post later in the week, with the judges comments etc.
Cheers
Gerard

Well done guys - best of luck for tuesday... :beer:

Wooohoooo. Without knowing everyones real names it looks like at least a 50% showing of AHB members in the final six.

Beers,
Doc

I can vouch for Doc's ESB, it's bloody excellent :beerbang: !

The Kolsch was good too :chug: !

Well done Doc and Andrew.

C&B
TDA

Doc said:
Oh the suspense ................. :blink:

Doc
[post="66689"][/post]​

How's the suspense meter now Doc!!! :D

If the Kolsch is the same you sent me from Super 12 sucess, you are every chance.

Well done to all the finalists.

Cheers

Well done Doc, both the beers you have entered were excellent and deserve to win, same for you too Brett, if the ESB is anything like your kolsch your in with a winner too. I'd hate to be judging and trying to seperate the winners.

good luck fellas.

andrew

I haven't tried your Kolsh yet Andrew.
I'm guessing it is ready for consumption.
I'll put it in the fridge tonight.

Yep Quincy, it is the same Kolsch.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
Wooohoooo. Without knowing everyones real names it looks like at least a 50% showing of AHB members in the final six.

Beers,
Doc
[post="66815"][/post]​

Well done Doc and congratulations, I smell success. Is your recipes listed anywhere or is there a chance of getting a copy of your ESB and Kolsch either in here or pm/email?

Good Luck.
PeterS....

Peter Shane said:
Well done Doc and congratulations, I smell success. Is your recipes listed anywhere or is there a chance of getting a copy of your ESB and Kolsch either in here or pm/email?

Good Luck.
PeterS....
[post="66826"][/post]​

I guess the winning recipe will become the ownership of the brewery.
But we don't have a winner yet.

Doc

The winning recipe will be recorded in our files for excise purposes and future use, other than that you can tell whoever you like about it!
We have no secrets here ;)
Cheers
Gerard

Latest posts

Back