Pacman Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magro

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know what the deal with Wyeast's Pacman yeast..

It's been out of stock on craft brewer for ages. Was it a limited release? Are they releasing more soon.. I'd love to get my hands on some..

If anyone has a slant I would be willing to pay for it..

Thanks,
Magro

it is a limited release.
ive got a tube of it in liquid form that im thinking of building up and using very soon.

I pitched some into a brew on Saturday. Give it a couple of weeks and you can have a pot of slurry if you want.

Regards
Andrew

I pitched some into a brew on Saturday. Give it a couple of weeks and you can have a pot of slurry if you want.

Regards
Andrew

That would be amazing...

Thanks!

Great yeast..

Great yeast..

I've been trying to culture some from a Rogue bottle. Two unsuccssful attempts so far. I guess its an excuse to buy more of the stuff so its not a biggie but has anyone ever successfully captured a viable amount this way?

I've decided to get the Pacman starter going tonight.

If anyone in Sydney wants a test tube, PM me and we'll sort something out.

Excellent yeast it is, still have a smack in the fridge at home, rumour has it that it may make it to being a regular if the demand is there....

... which is what they say about 1469, but maybe Pacman being American and all, there might have more demand. ;)

I made Smurtos Golden Ale with 05. Now its nice, quite nice actually. But seemed a little muted in hops compared to the Pacman. I can envision pacman as a solid replacement for 05, and thats a biggen.

Excellent yeast it is, still have a smack in the fridge at home, rumour has it that it may make it to being a regular if the demand is there....

I certainly hope it does become a regular as I did an IPA with it and it is as clear as any commercially brewed IPA. Just a shame I was a bit povo at the time and didn't use as much hops as I normally would.

Just for everyones info.....
I haven't used this one myself but all reports are very good .
I have however had several samples in a variety of styles which have all been good, albeit, beers made by one good quality brewer amongst our Brisbane brotherhood.
Here, below, are the details lifted from sponsors site (Thanks Ross)
I'm looking forward to using this one.

For those that have it, save it.

Wyeast 1764PC - Rogue Pacman - Manufactured 29th March 2010.
Beer Styles: American Pale Ale, American Amber Ale, American Brown Ale, Brown Porter, Cream Ale, Irish Red Ale, Strong Scotch Ale, Dry Stout, American Stout, Russian Imperial Stout, American IPA, Imperial IPA, American Barleywine, Fruit Beer, Spice/Herb/or Vegetable Beer, Christmas/Winter Specialty Spice Beer, Other Smoked Beer, Wood-Aged Beer
Profile: A versatile yeast strain from one of Oregons leading craft breweries. Pacman is alcohol tolerant, flocculent, attenuates well and will produce beers with little to no diacetyl. Very mild fruit complements a dry, mineral finish making this a fairly neutral strain. Pacmans flavor profile and performance makes it a great choice for use in many different beer styles.

Alc. Tolerance 12% ABV
Flocculation med-high
Attenuation 72-78%
Temp. Range 60-72F (15-22C)
:icon_cheers: Daz

I did an IPA with it and it is as clear as any commercially brewed IPA.

Yeah, I was really struck by how well this yeast dropped out. It was really bright from one day after being in the keg. Impressive for a clean, high attenuating yeast like this. :super:

Back