Ozbrew Tubs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammo2001

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I've just bought a TUBS Premium English Ale from OZBREW as a bit of a stepping stone between the Coopers kits and doing full grain beers. The kit came with a bag of liquid malt extract, a bag of brew enhancer, a packet of yeast and a bag of hops but no details of exactly whats in them. I would like to know whats in the ingredients so that I can learn for when I get on to grains.

I am just wondering if anyone knows exactly what malts, yeasts, hops, etc, they use in their kits. Ideally I would like the details for all of the TUBS kits as I would like to add the as addons for BeerSmith.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

What does the instructions say? Sometimes the question of how to correctly use the ingredients will reveal what ingredients they are probably using...

I dare say the liquid malt extract is exactly what it appears to be: dry malt extract wetted down. And the hops, well that is the tricky bit, they really ought to tell you what hops it is but more importantly, if they tell you how to use the hops they have given, perhaps there is a way to identify them based on the instruction of how to use them; ie. PoR hops with instructions on how to use as aroma hops would be unwise, generally speaking of course (each to their own).

Good luck, I'm interested too as I've never really heard of TUBS stuff...

Cheers,
Shred.

Hi everyone.

I've just bought a TUBS Premium English Ale from OZBREW as a bit of a stepping stone between the Coopers kits and doing full grain beers. The kit came with a bag of liquid malt extract, a bag of brew enhancer, a packet of yeast and a bag of hops but no details of exactly whats in them. I would like to know whats in the ingredients so that I can learn for when I get on to grains.

I am just wondering if anyone knows exactly what malts, yeasts, hops, etc, they use in their kits. Ideally I would like the details for all of the TUBS kits as I would like to add the as addons for BeerSmith.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

I take it you bought one of these;

http://www.ozbrew.com/default.asp?menuI=1&...e&zoom=1061

Is it some variety of extract can with additions as you have mentioned?

Thanks for the replys.

Yeah it all comes in a bag for AU$29.99. The label on the malt says "Premium Malt - AMC5 - 2.2kg", the brew enhancer says "Brew Enhancer - S5" and the yeast says "Yeast Y1 - Ale".

The instructions don't say to boil the wort like I thought they would. They just say to mix all the ingredients in hot water (like the Coopers kits) they also say to just put the bag of hops into a cup of boiling water but dont say for how long.

I really want to know what type of malt it is (pale, amber, etc) and what kind of hops they are (saaz, pride of ringwood, etc) and what type of yeast it is. All I know is the yeast is designed for temps up here in Darwin of 26C-30C.

Back