Oxyturbo Aeration Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oxyturbo bottle died last night on it's 60th batch. Not too bad, be interested to know if that's about right.

my cylinder from 2012 is still going, and I think I've done maybe 25 brews this year alone?

I only got a few more than 25 brews from my bottle I think, I run it for a few seconds into sanitser before hand and probably go over 60 seconds though.

Still at $2 a brew pretty happy with it.

I got a gas reg and O2 bottle from a local hydraulic shop for $95 all up. Still need to chase up the air stone.

This is it btw

1410080153324.jpg

Looks like reece no longer carries these regs and bottles.
Has any one located them in Melbourne anywhere else ?

Bunnings has bottles with the same fitting. They have replaced all the Benzomatic gases with the new ones, so should be a steady supply for awhile. In the tool section.

IIRC they have those too. I wasn't there for that and just noticed them. It's not that uncommon a size. I'll check my links when I get home. I'm pretty sure I have a couple sources bookmarked.

professional_drunk said:
Thanks to this thread, I've finished putting together my o2 kit. I'll just leave my experiences of this behind.
Parts list:
  • tesuco oxyturbo gas regulator (ots200RO) - Reece $21.01
  • tesuco oxygen cylinder 1LT - Reece $52.36
  • bush reducing brass 15mm x 10mm (3/8" female to 1/2" male reducer) - Reece $2.26
  • 1M 6mm pvc hose - grain and grape $2.10
  • 0.5 micron aeration stone - grain and grape $19.95
  • stainless hosetail 1/2" bsp female thread to 9mm - grain and grape $12.50
  • LZQ-2, 0-3LPM oxygen flow meter - ebay $17
  • teflon tape
Total: $127.18
Pictures

The bush reducing brass is handy as it gives you more options by adapting the regulator to 1/2" bsp. I was thinking of going all jg fittings to beer line but it would be a pain to fit the aeration stone and luckily the flow meter is an exact fit for the pvc pipe. The only downside is that the connection from the hosetail to pvc hose isn't the most sturdy, but it still does the job. The flow meter works really well. Turn the gas on full and the dial on the flow meter can hold the gas back until you release it to your required LPM.
Been putting this kit together but found Reece are not stocking the regulator (OTS200RO) unit as a standalone part in their shop; it's only there as part of a welding set (with acetylene etc.) Got so close to finishing this today! :( Reece will be looking at sourcing the reg on Monday - shouldn't be too hard to get in, I imagine.

Anyone else put any O2 kits together since... 2 years ago?

It's the Tesuco bottle from Reece. Not sure what the thread on it is but I think it's M10 as you say.

After missing out at Reece I went to Bunnings and checked that regulator you linked but it had a different outlet to the one I wanted on the Tesuco one - so I decided to wait for it to be ordered in.

Heads Up, I had a tradeflame O2 bottle that got used once then Sat there with the regulator attached for about a year. The bottle either emptied or the pin at the top of the bottle seized. The bottle that Reece plumbing had was a different thread to the tradeflame. Got really bad service from Reece's plumbing in young, nsw. Ended up getting the shits and signed up to a D size O2 bottle through BOC. $79/year with a free refill once a year. O2 reg they got me ended up not having the correct fitting to the bottle - still need to solve that but I did get some argon tubing from the Reg to a fitting they threaded into a stainless 1.5" blanking plate for a triclover fitting. So the idea is to fit that to my SS Brewtech 64L fermenter to do the blast of O2.

Go back to them and bug them about their "D" plan, renting bottles is a joke unless you're turning over a bottle a month
I'm guessing it's like the coregas system, where you pay a $200 deposit for the bottle which is refundable upon return

I'm on the D plan, it's $79/yr no bottle fee and one refill included per year. Didn't have an option for an open ended deposit and pay only for refills.

Latest posts

Back