Outermark Esky as mash tun - Bung thread pitch?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sp0rk

Mayor of Pooptown
Reaction score
Hi lads,
I'm FINALLY getting round to getting the pieces to finish my 3V rig
Just wondering if anyone who has converted a Outermark ice box from Bunnings (the blue ones) knows what the bung thread pitch is?
I've tried screwing a normal 1/2" BSP threaded pipe in it, but the threaded pipe seems to have too fine of a thread

For reference mine is a 48L

I've also noticed Bunnings have stopped selling these and now only stocks normal Eskys

Ducatiboy stu said:
Best be getting a thread gauge then
Dammit Stu, I want someone else to solve my problems!
Guess I'll be heading to the hardware store on saturday

Believe it or not (it's not hard to), not a single shop in Scone or Muswellbrook stocks thread pitch gauges :/
Most people didn't even know what the **** I was on about, kept insisting I was thinking of feeler gauges
Guess I'll just take the bung around to all the fittings places and see if they have something to suit

sp0rk said:
Believe it or not (it's not hard to), not a single shop in Scone or Muswellbrook stocks thread pitch gauges :/
Most people didn't even know what the **** I was on about, kept insisting I was thinking of feeler gauges
Guess I'll just take the bung around to all the fittings places and see if they have something to suit
that sounds like the go mate

I said "**** you, bunghole" to my bunghole when I set up my mash tun.

I drilled it out and inserted a piece of threaded pipe as a bulkhead, then Selleys 'Knead It Aqua'-ed it in place.

Lots easier and it's still fine to use as a normal Esky.

Back