Out of CO2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipsyboy

Reaction score
Is there anywhere else to get my bottle filled or buy cartridges as the HB shops are closed until at least Monday? I'm in Brisbane.

Where in Brisbane are you mate? If the situation gets dire I'm in Logan and happy to loan you my spare bottle

Cheers for the offer mate that's awesome.

It's more of a really want rather than need situation but thanks anyway.

pipsyboy said:
Cheers for the offer mate that's awesome.

It's more of a really want rather than need situation but thanks anyway.
Sounds like a catastrophe.

Cheers guys.

One of my kegs leaked. The lid lost its seal when system pressure dropped. Worst thing is I know it does this and I didn't think to turn that particular keg off.

As my late father used to say... You live and learn.

Edit: I suppose the next step is to get the system balanced so this doesn't happen. Have read up a little and it looks complicated.

I've got a couple of spare full 540g bottles I could loan you if your stuck.
They will be good to dispense quite a few kegs.

Thanks for the offer mate.

I'll get by though. Have other stuff to drink.

Don't leave the gas on is my tip. Usually the keg has enough pressure to pour a beer or two and then on the next one crank the gas for a bit, pour the beer and turn it off again.

I usually just leave my gas on while I pour. I used to have one keg that used to lose pressure quickly, a quick re-seal fixed that, but still to this day I only turn on the gas while I pour.

Ok.

I thought it was ok to leave the gas on full time at pouring pressure. It wouldn't carbonate the beer any more once carbonation was reached. Pouring pressure for me is about 6-7 psi. Anymore and it foams too much.

pipsyboy said:
Ok.

I thought it was ok to leave the gas on full time at pouring pressure. It wouldn't carbonate the beer any more once carbonation was reached. Pouring pressure for me is about 6-7 psi. Anymore and it foams too much.
Must take ages to pour a beer.i leave my gas on at 16psi all the time.only gets a little bit heady when the keg is coming to an end ;(
Ales only

depends how quick you drink it mine are perfectly carbed up when there is a few schooners left :lol:

Back