One way valve back pressure leaks?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takai

Reaction score
On my kegerator im struggling with losing pressure out of the kegs. I switched from push in T valves to a manifold with inbuilt check valves. to try and rectify the issue. Still having the same issue though. I havent tried switching off the valves, but that is next on the agenda.

The thought i had though was whether the one way valves in the manifold are reliant on backpressure to seal? I turn off the CO2 bottle after use as the CO2 cylinder commonly leaks through the Sodastream charger, so perhaps the manifold is losing pressure and therefore the one way valves bleed back into the manifold.

Anyone know the specs for the KK threaded one way valves?

I was slowly losing pressure in my system.

After much lube, new o-rings, tight keg posts, etc. etc. the problem persisted.
I disconnected all the kegs, and put the tubes, manifolds, joints, everything into a tub of water - as you would find a leak in a tyre tube.

With the system pressurised, there was bubbles coming up from around the base of of of the manifold taps!

A quick turn with a shifter, and all was good.
Of course I was losing pressure from the bottle, not the kegs.

So you didn't see any bubbles when it was sprayed with lots of soapy water?

If you are turning your gas on and off all the time are your kegs remaining fully carbonated?

What I am saying is if you turn the gas off when the keg is not saturated with co2 for your particular temp the gas in the head space will be absorbed into the beer, losing head pressure, making it appear you have a leak. You may not have a leak.

Latest posts

Back