One favourite please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Byran said:
Ok after a review I will have to go with a Belgian Dubbel Or an IPA. A coin toss it is.
Cheers for the help Gents!
Belgian IPA?

Would you class that LC special batch a Belgian IPA.....was it Day of the Long Shadow?

Byran said:
Im not sure i get this. Pick a style and I will choose the most voted style for my next brew.....Simple really.
I like options though. And your hop options sound delicious!

Also I thought this was a beer forum.
So if I ask questions about what beer people like in a forum full of people who have like minded opinions about the subject I am referring too would that not be the perfect place to ask such a question? If not then where? A forum about making paper aeroplanes perhaps?
I don't think Yob is having a go at you but he has a point, your next style should be what you like and want to brew. Not a Vb clone because thats what Warmbeer likes. Perhaps you should have just posted a poll asking for brewers favourite beer style and then just picked the most voted to brew. But once again if everyone voted for Vb clone would you brew it?

Byran said:
Pick a style and I will choose the most voted style for my next brew.....Simple really.
This isn't rocket science people....

Red ales for me. Love to brew them and goes down well with roast pumpkin, carrots and spuds.

AIPA - good malty base (Perle, TF FM MO), with a touch of rye and some heritage crystal (and I'm thinking I'll chuck in a wee bit of biscuit some time).

Citra, Galaxy, and whatever else I like on hand.

Current beer is an IPA with Medium Crystal, some free JW Pils malt and Mosaic, Citra and Summit.

The hot water system cupboard smells Ahmazing.

I love a Weissbier, but have yet to brew an incredible one. And they bloat me.

Goomba

Nice work everyone this is exactly the kind of thing i wanted to see. Everybody has an opinion about what they like and I like em all.

Raja your taste is impeccable

Truman said:
I don't think Yob is having a go at you but he has a point, your next style should be what you like and want to brew. Not a Vb clone because thats what Warmbeer likes. Perhaps you should have just posted a poll asking for brewers favourite beer style and then just picked the most voted to brew. But once again if everyone voted for Vb clone would you brew it?
I only asked a question. There is no such thing as a stupid question.
Like I said I love all styles so I was just getting a show of hands from you guys and what you like.
I have made a vb clone before because I like australian lagers, it of course tasted nothing like vb it was much better I used EKG to finish..... . Just a bit of fun for the masses ( Me really)

Chunkious said:
Would you class that LC special batch a Belgian IPA.....was it Day of the Long Shadow?
I wouldnt class it as an IPA more of a spiced barley wine but it was great for a taster!
Im not getting others to make the decision for me Im just trying to get opinions on different styles.
And I got plenty because thats why you post on AHB.
If you dont want to get involved just dont post?

Bribie G said:
Aldi cider
[SIZE=medium]My Wife purchased an Aldi Cider, what an abomination, its like cough syrup [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]My vote - Pilsner, Budvar yeast, Noble hops, [/SIZE]

Mikedub said:
[SIZE=medium]My Wife purchased an Aldi Cider, what an abomination, its like cough syrup [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]My vote - Pilsner, Budvar yeast, Noble hops, [/SIZE]
Your right. Aldi Cider is prob not the best. I think juice and yeast is the best bet.
And I have my latest Pilsner just carbing up at the moment. Wey pils, wlp800, saaz. Its great.

Im gonna make an IPA. Ive got a whole pack of citra, and ill chuck in some other hops and try kill myself with hoppiness. The kind of IPA you drink and go "**** thats hoppy" I dont think I can have another one........... Then you go back for another cause its just calling at you.

Why don't you do a single malt IPA, hop every 10min and chill?

Back