OK, You're Here And You Brew, What Else Do You Do?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do to finance your brewing?

• Office worker...airconditioned, free internet access.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IT..as above, with online games & betting.

• Self employed...OK to start work with a hangover.

• Factory/process worker...thirsty job.

• Other manufacturing...have own welder, built own coolroom.

• Farmer...thinking of planting top paddock to barley & hops.

• Unemployed...spend all day watching your airlock bubble.

• Other...something shady perhaps (HBS owner?)

• Total voters
Just resigned from my IT job for Macmillan Publishers / Macquarie Dictionary. 12.5 work days to go!

Will be taking over my partner's coffee van as we've made a baby and it's about to pop out.

Andrew

Principal Risk and Safety Engineer - basically means spending most of my day in front of a PC modelling and calculating the risk to life for offshore workers on oil rigs. Most of it is during design in order to minimise the risk.

The real world still isn't quite ready for me, so I'm still a student. Part way through my eigth year now. Hope to be an intern next year, which is technically some sort of doctor, but only technically. Anyways, 8 years of exams gives one an awful lot of time to procrastinate. Brewing is perfect for that. Making trickshot pool videos is less fruitful, but anything to avoid learning right?

train controller who spends half of the workday on the bloody phone. outside work i fish (drown bait) and shoot.

buying/sales manager in the fresh produce industry (rocklea mkts). proud dad of one boy and one on the way. love beer, always have, and now really really starting to be obssessed :p .

matt

Hydrographer come hydstra system manager.
Anyone know what I'm talking about?
I hate the, "So, what do you do?" question. Sometimes I just say builder coz I dont want to explain.

Hydrographer come hydstra system manager.
Anyone know what I'm talking about?
I hate the, "So, what do you do?" question. Sometimes I just say builder coz I dont want to explain.

Hydro Graph....so I guess you map water :huh:

Screwy

Screwy

Nah, I think its got to do with mapping out peoples hydro setups! :D

Was a mechanic for 9 or so years, left it all behind at the end of last year to go to uni and study Biotechnology.
Got sick of working the hours, up to my elbows in grease and dust all day, to get paid peanuts at the end of the week.

train controller who spends half of the workday on the bloody phone. outside work i fish (drown bait) and shoot.

What like this?

Television1_468x297.jpg

Screwy

That's what everyone says. Guess in the old days that was it. Hydrography is the study & measurement of the water cycle. Includes fresh, waste, rain, underground, water tables, evap, blah blah blah.
Just about every weather parameter you can think of thrown in.
Being a hydstra manager is maintaining the software that hydrographers use.

Pop quiz - who is the most famous hydrographer?

Scroll down

Captain Cook.

That's what everyone says. Guess in the old days that was it. Hydrography is the study & measurement of the water cycle. Includes fresh, waste, rain, underground, water tables, evap, blah blah blah.
Just about every weather parameter you can think of thrown in.
Being a hydstra manager is maintaining the software that hydrographers use.

Pop quiz - who is the most famous hydrographer?

Scroll down

i was gonna say me, cos after every 3-4 beers i konw i need a piss, so water management is crucial to a big night in. ;)

Captain Cook.

:lol:

My kids (the dirty rotten little turds) call me the Fat Controller when they want to stir me. :)

Don't they belong to InCider? :ph34r:

Im an Audio Producer - mainly for the radio and tv industries across australia, but also do some work with bands, musicians etc. Also a photographer in my "spare time"

I was a boilermaker, then I realised there was more money to be made workin' with me head rather than me hands so I re-studied and became an engineer, of the mechanical kind.... Have been everything from a drafting Enginner to an Aus wide sales engineer. Spent the last 4 years being a pseudo-tribologist for a big capo oil company

Chalky (Teacher).
Was in primary schools now running my own Kinder. Will be moving into small business and opening a childcare/preschool centre later in the year with my wife who just quit her 80K per year job :unsure:

Latest posts

Back