OK, You're Here And You Brew, What Else Do You Do?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do to finance your brewing?

• Office worker...airconditioned, free internet access.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IT..as above, with online games & betting.

• Self employed...OK to start work with a hangover.

• Factory/process worker...thirsty job.

• Other manufacturing...have own welder, built own coolroom.

• Farmer...thinking of planting top paddock to barley & hops.

• Unemployed...spend all day watching your airlock bubble.

• Other...something shady perhaps (HBS owner?)

• Total voters
same as batz.mech fitter in the mining game.i notice we were left out of the poll <_< ;) and to think we carry the country :lol: steel and alumina

cheers
big d

I dont realyl fit in any of those either. I'm an egghead in a warehouse, I basicly spend all my day counting things to make sure the right stuff is in the right place.

It's almost as exciting as it sounds.

Another IT person, I look after databases and write reports for the finance people of a media company and what ever else is needed. Use to do web programming and manage a helldesk, now I just play with databases :).

Another IT guy here.... Look after Intel\Windows Based servers for a Company called CSC. I mainly deal with the Bluescope Steel account and BHP Billitons Illawarra Colleries Contracts

...have dabbled in IT but saw the light and escaped. Now I manage a bottle shop, mostly wine sales. Doesn't pay as well, but for me is alot more fun. Plus it's in Paddo and the perve is second to none.

Electronic Tech. - studying Engineering, hence computer screens and paper work in bio medical comp. and prior to this a Ceramic Power producer Comp. .....

both have been know to "throw out" good brewing bits ;) that end up at my place

brewer, drinker, bar building, fishing etc by weekend

I'm a bit of a strange on I have my own building maintenance business so I get to bang my thumb a lot. But I also work as a visual effects compositor on films and TV commercials I am about to start on a new animated film for 20 weeks. then back to the building

Landscape Gardener- full time on commercial sites
Part time residential (weekender cashey jobs)

Need a home brew to come home to after a hard days yakka!

It seem the same as most i am a Fitter And Machinist by trade i run a workshop in the scientific are basically i make shit any thing they want, also my home brew kit (shhhhhhh!)

Bat

:super:

Sold my recycling business in Brisbane 6 months ago & now taking life pretty easy - Currently buying scrap metal from the around the world & selling principally to China... Spend approx 4 months a year travelling overseas working/playing hard... Always good to get home to a well stocked ale fridge... :D

Ross said:
Sold my recycling business in Brisbane 6 months ago & now taking life pretty easy - Currently buying scrap metal from the around the world & selling principally to China... Spend approx 4 months a year travelling overseas working/playing hard... Always good to get home to a well stocked ale fridge... :D
[post="48779"][/post]​

Hell Ross I can hear it now ..... what about kegs mate? You get kegs Ross?

Stainless steel Ross???

Batz

Batz,

I bought over 7,000 20L kegs (5 semi tippers full) about 10 years ago when I was State manager for Simsmetal. Paid approx $3 each for them. They all went through our shredder - Wasn't into homebrewing back then - makes me cry everytime I think of it now... The contract from Coke demanded destruction, but I would have found a way today...

Can still get full size kegs... just don't tell anyone, Shhhh....

"This post has been edited by Ross" hehe ' said too much hey :p

I brew at home and at work (slight difference in outputs though!).
I brew the Grumpy's range of beers that include the Biggles ESB, the Tomcat CAP, the Auld Fokker Altbier, the Red Baron 80 Shilling and the flagship Genuine Pale Ale.

We are in Verdun (Hahndorf Freeway exit) in the Adelaide Hills, pop in and say g'day, I'm there M-F. www.grumpys.com.au

tdh

I dont fit into any of the catagories above.

Im an Anaesthetic Technician. I work in an operating theatre and stare at a little moniter all day. I even get to use the machine the goes "Ping" every once in a while!

Former forest soil scientist in NSW now editing, translating and writing copy for Japanese consultants, mainly engineers, ag. sci, enviro sci. who work in overseas development assistance throughout the developing world. I also train them in English writing. I also run a lot. Brewing too.
Steve
:ph34r:

Teacher - Maths & and Information Technology.

In a previous life - software developer.

I'm just a poor apprentice panel beater, working towards better equipment and more beer :beerbang:

Sean said:
Teacher - Maths & and Information Technology.

Teacher? In this day and age?

Round of applause for Sean !

Poor bugger

My sister's a teacher too :ph34r:
You guys do it hard

Batz

Latest posts

Back