OK, You're Here And You Brew, What Else Do You Do?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do to finance your brewing?

• Office worker...airconditioned, free internet access.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IT..as above, with online games & betting.

• Self employed...OK to start work with a hangover.

• Factory/process worker...thirsty job.

• Other manufacturing...have own welder, built own coolroom.

• Farmer...thinking of planting top paddock to barley & hops.

• Unemployed...spend all day watching your airlock bubble.

• Other...something shady perhaps (HBS owner?)

• Total voters
I am a bit worried about all the cone heads here but didnt want to say to much :ph34r:

They seem to out number us, which is never, never good. ;)

4th Year Chemical Engineering/Maths student at Adelaide uni. I'm thinking about entering the beer business when I graduate but with little or no study in biological areas I have bugger all chance :angry: .

Anyone working for Coopers or SA Brewing (*wince*) want to take on an engineering student for work experience this summer....?

Bouncer at the B&B for 2 years, then at other places around Sydney for another year.

Thommo, does the B&B = Bull 'n' Bush?

I've can't remember seeing you up there! Or maybe it was before my Bull n Bush days!

Emergency nurse...

Ready for anything, prepared for everything, surprised by nothing.

G'Day Guys,

I'm a Gunnie at OCU, originally a queertrader but then i saw the light. :super: have been brewing now for about 7 months and have learnt a great deal in that time. still doing kits though.

Just a storeman at a carpet shop. Gardener by trade, but left that to travel. Seem to work too many hours now, and my spare time is spent surfing or brewing, or thinking about either. At least all the surfing keeps the beer gut at bay!
All the best
Trent

Studying pure maths at uni, finishing honours this year. For money I teach some tutorial groups and am also a body piercer for a few hours a week (haha strange combo I hear you say?)

Used to be an Avionics AME at Ansett, then at avalon for a while. Now i'm an air traffic controller in sunny mackay!

digging up an old thread and geez cant believe how many computer people brew beer :eek:
explains why so many people are online during the day. Theyre supposed to be working at the computer :lol: and instead they spend there time on AHB

tree lopper/arborist here, if i could take a laptop up the tree id probably be on AHB as well during the day

hi guys,
im slowly removing myself from being available to work for others,due to a bad back... the building trade is not kind to the body.
but the good news is that I now have a lot of time to play in my shed and explore the wonderous world of brewing.

The time has come, im moving into AG, hooray :party:

being a bottler and drinking my beer well matured, I have started to drink my stock of longnecks ( with the help of my friends ...)
to have a clean slate .

still got a few months worth of beer to go through but ok I will make it a daily task...... :chug:

cheers amita

Used to be an Avionics AME at Ansett, then at avalon for a while. Now i'm an air traffic controller in sunny mackay!

hey fixa,

I'll probably talk to you on the 15th. I sit in the front of a red machine that frequents mackay..

hockers

Hey Fixa, did you work on Commercial or Military at Avalon ? I was on military from 1998 - 2001 in Avionics at Avalon.

Another I.T here.

Run the family business which supplies most "gaming venues" (read pubs w/ pokies) with a finacil reconcialtion software package called system one and gold coin. www.oss.net.au - 500 venues across Australia use it and we run a 7 day a week helpline 365 days a year.

Before that did a ticket as a Spare Parts interpruter mainly working for Peter Stevens motorcycles (Harley heaven) for 5 years in Melb.

Hobbies - Brew, Fish, DJ.

Something different.....

I work for a dental supplies company selling products direct to the surgery. Territory manager for Victoria.

Play golf when i'm not HBing.

I'm betting I probably have one of the more unique professions on here.

I'm Head Projectionist/Fix Stuff That's Broken Guy at the Noosa Cinemas

Cheers

hey fixa,

I'll probably talk to you on the 15th. I sit in the front of a red machine that frequents mackay..

hockers

Good stuff mate. I'm on from 2pm, so if its the arvo or evening one it will be me...

Hey Fixa, did you work on Commercial or Military at Avalon ? I was on military from 1998 - 2001 in Avionics at Avalon.

Just commercial stuff bloke - Qantas 74's and 76's... we probably know a lot of the same people though.. lot of the guys i worked with did that. Were you with L3 or whatever they were called?

Haven't looked back through the thread entirely but I'm sure there's some other uni students on here, so I'm mostly unemployed at the moment, which does leave lots of time for brewing/drinking/hangovers ;)

Other than brewing and being in my third year of trying to become a pharmacist, I don't do a lot else, I'd say I'll get back into the footy when I'm out of uni, I'm just enjoying being a slob at the moment!

Beers

Edit: Forgot to add, I am employed sometimes, I work full time in my uni hols in the local pharmacy at home, so I do on occasion do a days work ;)

Unemployed - still at uni doing a PhD in chemistry. Not quite figured out how I can use the lasers I work with to make beer yet........one day though
- Berwyck

about 15 years ago I worked in IT at a couple of larger, well known places here in Perth. I got bored of IT and took a pay cut to become a pleb doing data entry at a health insurance company, and then somehow ended up becoming an investigator, then an analyst then acting manager of the health fund's investigations area and now I'm a senior investigations analyst.

I look at numbers all day looking for patterns and fraud.

woohoo.

Was an IT manager for a large Telco, but I have just moved across to TYCO/ADT into their Research and Product Development area.

I get to play with crazy gadgets all day and then Drink beer all night - isn't life grand :rolleyes:

Back