OK, You're Here And You Brew, What Else Do You Do?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do to finance your brewing?

• Office worker...airconditioned, free internet access.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IT..as above, with online games & betting.

• Self employed...OK to start work with a hangover.

• Factory/process worker...thirsty job.

• Other manufacturing...have own welder, built own coolroom.

• Farmer...thinking of planting top paddock to barley & hops.

• Unemployed...spend all day watching your airlock bubble.

• Other...something shady perhaps (HBS owner?)

• Total voters
Another RAAFie... Avionics Technician by trade. Currently trying my hand at the Gunnie game at Williamtown on the F-18's. Previously worked on Orions and F-111's. I tried my hand at being a civvie a few years ago. I was a full time student for a while and did an Audio Engineering course, also fixed photocopiers, and later worked in a team of engineers building the maintenance plan for a new power station.

I'm also studying Electrical Engineering part time (been at it for 3.5 years now. Only about 1000 years to go). Hobbies include audio electronics, guitar, reading whatever I can lay my hands on, and of course, brewing.

I'm a senior account manager for a moderate sized IT integrator. Look after a handful of clients, in a hands-on manner - have been doing this for the last 7-8 years.

Came to Sydney about 8-9 years ago as an engineer, training salespeople in the dark art of mobile sales force enablement, but enjoyed talking to people more than talking to boxes.

Job is full of perks, but can be very stressful and it seems that there isn't a huge lifespan in what I do - people tend to either burn out or find out that it's a bit hard. I drink to kill the pain. :chug: ;)

Hobbies are music (listening / playing), stereo gear, cars, reading, cooking and of course, brewing.

Wouldn't mind retiring, however being sub 30, it doesn't seem to be the done thing!!

Cheers - Mike

Oh god, what have i started :)

there is certanly some money up for good tradies with qualifications and experience.

We are thining out.

They complain at work that its too hard to get tradesmen and we cost too much but they havnt hired an apprentice in 3 years.

Talk about fueling the fire thats burning your arse :)

cheers

Started working life as an Apprentice ( yeah they DO exist ) Telecomunications Tech with the NSW Railways. Stayed with them for 16yrs untill offered a cheque with a large number on it. :D

Worked on just about everything possible to do with communications. Radio, telephony, data, PCM/PDH/SDH, Fibre, microwave,cable, ATM, telemetry, PABX's, explaining to IT Gurus how their data gets over our network, modems, Voip, wireless telephony, voice networks ...blah, blah, blah... ;)

Now work for a small sub-contracting company doing telecomunication installs and faults on the NSW North Coast

Tradesmen are the way of the future, viva la tradesman :super:

Another RAAFie... Avionics Technician by trade. Currently trying my hand at the Gunnie game at Williamtown on the F-18's. Previously worked on Orions and F-111's. I tried my hand at being a civvie a few years ago. I was a full time student for a while and did an Audio Engineering course, also fixed photocopiers, and later worked in a team of engineers building the maintenance plan for a new power station.

I'm also studying Electrical Engineering part time (been at it for 3.5 years now. Only about 1000 years to go). Hobbies include audio electronics, guitar, reading whatever I can lay my hands on, and of course, brewing.
And another. Work just across the tarmac from Joel in Avionics - all the electrical, instrument, flight controls, radar, comms, navigation, oxygen systems etc. Have done 25 years so far and have run out of fingers to count the aircraft types I have worked on. As for the future, as of end of this month I will have 12 more years until the Air force throws me out for being too old.

As for hobbies, don't have any! Just a serious pastime of brewing.

Cheers

Steve

I am a tradsman as well but also supervise as well at the mo

Hi folks,

I hope youll never need a working/helping hand like mine.

Im Chief Perfusionist in a heart surgery.

We break open bodies and snip around, implant steel hearts and do other silly stuff ;)

Cheers

Mechanical/Piping designer for an engineering consulting agency.
I work in the minerals & metals division.
Spend all day on a computer, with the odd site trip.

What is it with all you IT guys out there? :blink:
"My computer isn't working",
"Well send in a help desk request then"
"How the hell can i do that, my computer doesn't work.
Make my computer work NOW!" ;)

Ex copy boy with the Daily Mirror..Running between those things that Warren and a few others used in the printing game..(When "The Wild One " was the latest Movie release)
Reported the explosion at Tooheys brewery,,(Walking past going for lunch..smelt bloody lovely...)
Ex Projectionist
Ex Panel beater/Spaypainter..(had to close a shop on Gold Coast..Through sickness)
Now Retired..
Now trying to brew ..And get my "37 Ford back on the road..(nearly done)
Cheers
PJ

Hey Gonzo,

Sometimes the most useful part of the PC is the little sticker with the HelpDesk's 1800 number.
BTW I'm not a help desk guy ...

We break open bodies and snip around, implant steel hearts and do other silly stuff

Zwickel I hope your not that guy in Germany that just got convicted of cannabalism!!! :blink:

Me;

Ex US Marine
Ex Ice Cream Shop owner
Ex Newsagency Manager
Ex Arnotts Territory Manager

Now work for the second largest brewery as Sales Exec.

I also dont get free beer thus love ag brewing

Cheers, JJ

Part-time accountant (work for wifes firm from home)
Part-time house dad (two kids)
A-lot-of-the-time craftbrewer & related activivities!

Cheers
Paul

Part-time accountant (work for wifes firm from home)
Part-time house dad (two kids)
A-lot-of-the-time craftbrewer & related activivities!

Cheers
Paul
... and the rotten ******* whe emails me at work on Monday morning saying you've just mashed in an APA :angry:

I'm the media communications coordinator for state based sporting organisation... it doesn't help with my hop calcs at all

Started in Medicine, ended up in Medical research, now in Perth studying to be a Chiropractor (1.5 years to go)
Just recently retired from Medical sceince position in local pathology provider.

gday all, self employed detailing f100 - f350's
brewfrom tins and love my cichlids

When I'm not at home I look after the brewing at a micro-brewery in the Adelaide Hills.

Started as a fitter + turner, many many years as a house painter, 20 years in commercial photography and just celebrated 3 years and 90,000 litres of commercial brewing.

tdh

Back