Oh Dear

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3GumsBrewing

Reaction score
Ok, Holy Shit, I just found out we are having twins. That is soon to be 3 kids under 3 years old.

I need to retreat to the shed for a bit of reflection and I was thinking of doing a commeritatve brew, something that would hit its strides in August.

I was looking at Brewing Classic Styles and liked the look of the English Barley Wine, but was unsure if it would be aged enough by August. I already have a Imperial Stout that has been in the bottle for 2 months.

I have on hand 25Kg of Marris Otter and around 20Kg of Pilsner malt.

Any suggestions for this weekends brew day?

(Stressed) DK

Ok, Holy Shit, I just found out we are having twins. That is soon to be 3 kids under 3 years old.

I need to retreat to the shed for a bit of reflection and I was thinking of doing a commeritatve brew, something that would hit its strides in August.

I was looking at Brewing Classic Styles and liked the look of the English Barley Wine, but was unsure if it would be aged enough by August. I already have a Imperial Stout that has been in the bottle for 2 months.

(Stressed) DK

Three kids under 3yrs,Id be drinking absinthe,maybe metho,barley wine will not be strong enough :) http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/styl...ult/biggrin.gif

(Stressed) DK

Congratulations DK, 16 yrs ago we discovered my pregnant wife and I were going to have twins, and it was a huge shock, took a while to get used to the idea, and the same as you that made 3 kids under 3, very scary.
But hey, 16 yrs later and all went well, a few hiccups as you'd expect and the term double trouble applies well, you'll be very busy day and night for the first year but you and the kids will soon settle into a routine you all can live with and life returns to normal.

Why don't you brew a big barley wine and bottle in stubbies and open one every year on their Birthday and toast them, you will see them mature along with the beer.

Andrew

Why don't you brew a big barley wine and bottle in stubbies and open one every year on their Birthday and toast them, you will see them mature along with the beer.

Andrew

What a absolutely wonderful idea!

Thanks Andrew.

Andrew
[/quote]

I tried that too.. turns out they turned 18 in 3 months.. :D

Andrew

I tried that too.. turns out they turned 18 in 3 months.. :D

Hahahahaha, brilliant. Maybe i need to start making Gin and or Vodka.

Congrats DK! Must have been holding your tongue the right way that night huh?

Go a Barleywine as previously mentioned. Also I highly suggest a nice little 3x3m man cave (brew shed) right down the back of the yard so you have somewhere to hide when SWMBO wants to remove parts of your anatomy that created this situation. :lol:

3 under 3 is a very daunting task but you will all learn to adapt.

Cheers

Chappo

Congratulations
At least it's all done and dusted now :)
My brother got twins on the 2nd round (only wanted two) but a couple of yrs later it was really good.

Maybe do a RIS? Or even a bock for winter?

I saw the sperm race the other night on T.V you must have a good shot or great timing :D

I would sugest you make something strong that will help with getting to sleep

aparnantly hops can help with getting you to sleep if you put hops in your pillow it helps I dont know if this it true

I saw the sperm race the other night on T.V you must have a good shot or great timing :D

I would sugest you make something strong that will help with getting to sleep

aparnantly hops can help with getting you to sleep if you put hops in your pillow it helps I dont know if this it true

Hop tea is meant to be good for insominia! I dont think he will have trouble getting to sleep... It will be staying asleep!

Wasn't that show just a big dump of ridiculous analogies and the like.
i had to turn it off.

DK you poor bugger, I've got two boys, 1 4yrs and 1 2yrs, they know just what to do to press all your overload buttons. Thank god for early bedtimes and beer.

cheers

Browndog........ Hope you get a mix, my missus and I would do anything for a girl, except have another boy ;)

(Stressed) DK
No suggestions DK but AndrewQld's is a ripper. :super:
Thankfully I will never know the joy of what you will go through. (No emoticon here for bloke wiping sweaty brow) :p
My three ugly sods are now 39 years old, 33, and 29.
Thanking my lucky stars I had them so far apart. :lol:
All the best for you & your new brood. :icon_cheers:

TP

Latest posts

Back