Off the shelf go-to beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like all the Cricketers Arms beers for reasonably priced commercial. The Lager, Summer ale and PA are all pretty good beers and consistent. The PA come in 10 can sleeves and can be had for around $20 on special. Coopers Best Extra Stout for a dark beer.
Also plus 1 for the Atomic PA. Not a Gauge Roads fan but that is a decent beer.

Modus Former Tenant, Panhead Johnny Octane, Rodenbach, Shenanigans Flight Path, various sour beers (last was 8 wired feijoa)

If I'm not drinking my own it better be quality!

Saw a new release from Gage Roads at BWS lately, Break Water Australian Pale Ale. Not bad.

For me it's Coopers - their beers taste nice AND are Family/Australian owned. Sturdy longnecks are a bonus

When I purchase from bottle shops, it's mostly Oettinger, LC pale, coopers stout and mountain goat pale.

Pretty limited at my local but produce enough to keep me going mostly and get a sixer of unknown, mostly delicious fancy stuff from international beer collector monthly so don't tend to buy these super often.

Little off topic sorry but Gage Roads is trying to buy back Woolworths 25% share in the business. Hopefully it doesn't result in a loss of distribution and increase in price of their beers.

ScottyDoesntKnow said:
Anyone tried Sydney Brewery Pyrmont Rye IPA? I think it's exclusive to dan murphys, internet order only. Had read pretty decent reviews on another forum and tried to order a few times as they were offering free shipping but the payment screen kept timing out so I got the shits and gave up.
Love it, Cutty Cellars has this for $59.99/case (Actually all of the Sydney Brewery stuff at this price - but why buy the others? :blink: )
The more astute among you will notice that 4x6 packs is cheaper than a case (ok, JUST), but 2x2x6packs in my maths works out to $50...
Assuming one can't buy 4 6 packs of the same thing for $50, but if they mean that, they should say that.. :p
5ec81552-6e24-4eb6-b44a-f49423d0d3b1.jpg

These come in 4-packs so the "six" pack buy is where the error is, not the maths.

find_another_slave said:
Love it, Cutty Cellars has this for $59.99/case (Actually all of the Sydney Brewery stuff at this price - but why buy the others? :blink: )
The more astute among you will notice that 4x6 packs is cheaper than a case (ok, JUST), but 2x2x6packs in my maths works out to $50...
Assuming one can't buy 4 6 packs of the same thing for $50, but if they mean that, they should say that.. :p
5ec81552-6e24-4eb6-b44a-f49423d0d3b1.jpg

Depends what's on sale / available. If going to Dan's usually LC Pale (if on sale), or whatever's cheapest out of Squire's GA, Hop Thief or Porter. If I'm out completely and not going to Orange (my nearest DM's) I'll duck over to Molong to an independent supermarket for Badland's Pale Ale (local micro) or Cooper's Sparkling. If I'm really stuck I'll get Toohey's Old from the local pub.

For me it's the best of what's on offer, usually from a Woolies owned shop coz I pass so many of them on my way home. So it's usually:

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
4 Pines Pale Ale
Hop Thief

breakbeer said:
4 Pines Pale Ale
Gday Pres, mate 4p is good, but why dont you swing by Harvest Cellars just out of Belgrave, that place is a freakin gold mine. HBB.

I also enjoy the gage road atomic p.a.
Coopers stout and adnams ghost ship cans.

Usually Pilsner Urquell, Budejovicky Budvar, or a pale ale of some type. In the cooler months I lean more towards the amber ales.

ScottyDoesntKnow said:
Little off topic sorry but Gage Roads is trying to buy back Woolworths 25% share in the business. Hopefully it doesn't result in a loss of distribution and increase in price of their beers.
Mate lets hope because Woolies is holding them back

Latest posts

Back