OcSober - who's doing it this year

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going for next months, Can't remember November.

Batz

droid said:
had I only seen this on the cusp instead of 3 days in

I wouldv'e owned it like a boss :ph34r:
It officially starts tommorow on the 4th - so its not too late

OcSober
Movember
FebFast
DryJuly
(the list goes on but I've lost interest already)

FFS sick of charities with their hands out or good doers wanting me to stop doing something. Farkem.

Besides, it's my birthday in October and I'm gonna have a couple.

fraser_john said:
OcSober
Movember
FebFast
DryJuly
(the list goes on but I've lost interest already)

FFS sick of charities with their hands out or good doers wanting me to stop doing something. Farkem.

Besides, it's my birthday in October and I'm gonna have a couple.
You forgot deckcember. Although I think that's not a charity cause :)

didn't know about Ocsober but I just happen to be having a month off the booze. Got back from a one month holiday in Africa last weekend. Was drinking every day on holidays. It started with a couple of beers with dinner but by the end of it, it was a bottle of wine every night with dinner and maybe a beer or two as well. Put on 5kg. When I'm not brewing beer I go to the gym so it was time to get back some shape lest I end up looking like santa clause after xmas. Not just off the booze but a big diet as well. Since last Monday I have dropped 3.5kg but a lot of that will be water and gut content. The next 3.5 will be harder.

not a chance !
i don't how much time i have on this here planet alive so i'm gunna drink what i want when i want within reason .
fancy being sober for a month not a chance enjoy life ya ain't got it forever !

I struggle to go a few days (9 days is my PB. ) from as far back as record keeping began.
I can't understand why someone would put themselves through that pain lol. Im happy with trying to have alc free days mon-tues and no more than 3 beers on wed-thurs (pints) more so to keep my beer stocks up and reduce the labour time in keeping up demand for consumption. I often think about a month without alcohol but I'm scared I'll probably like it to much. So thinking is as far as it gets.

mans not a camel
and i drink and don't drink when it is too cold which rarely happens

Back