O2 wand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that Grain and grape have just got a similar wand in.They look allright.Don't know how much they are.
The airstone is attached to the wand though....and i don't think its removeable...
Cheers
Ferg

I use an O2 system with a bit of hose attached to the airstone. Never felt the need for a steel "wand", the hose is reasonably rigid as it is, no trouble moving it through the wort.

I used a corny keg dip tube (cut of the flange section) and attached to the reg and airstone using a short length of tubing. Others have mentioned using a stainless racking cane. I much prefer my system now with the stainless wand because I can see and control where the airstone is and make sure my reg is delivering the right amount of O2.

For the wand part, couldn't you just drill a hole in your mixing spoon/paddle and push the air stone through?

@Josh, those bottles seen like a decent way to get a setup, but remember the bottle itself is disposable. There was a thread a while back discussing them and from memory the bottle should last a very long time.

So, not only do you guys oxygenate, but you move the stone while doing so?

I might have learned something today.

So, do you take into account that you have highly oxygenated wort and adjust your pitching ratios/cell counts?

(not taking the piss, genuinely curious)

Bottle life was one of my concerns. If it's going to last a while then I think Santa has found my present.

Josh, fair bit of info here. I've got one of Ciaron's kits and very happy with it. He's since updated it to include a wand (I think).

I can oxygenate around ten batches for one minute, approximately. So around $2.50 a batch if you buy a bulk pack. Masters sell the bottles also, so they are easily accessible.

Latest posts

Back