Nylong Fishing Net Biab

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekul

Reaction score
After looking at Kymbas thread and seeing the design of his bag i had an idea, fishing nets.

I'm pretty sure that some fishing nets are made from nylon, which would hopefully make them foodgrade. PLus they are pretty cheap if i remember correctly. I remember buying a nylon hammock once that was only like $5, so that could be an option as well.

I've just bought a 140L pot and i was planning on using two bags like in this thread. Two bags worked very well, but if i could have one big bag that would be awesome.

Where i live swiss voille only comes in 1.5m wide bits, so making a big circle bag has been out of the question, and a cylinder bag probably won't hold up to the weight long term. However if i used a cylinder bag with a fishnet around it i reckon it would work.

Has anyone tried this?

Nylon to do the lifting, voile to do the draining?
Actually if your can o baked beans design is stitched well, it should last for ever. My two Gryphon bags are just fine and the older one is from 2009. The CraftBrewer bag is very well sewn - I don't know what the sewing terms are for the various stitches because I didn't do home ec :rolleyes: but I reckon that if the CB bag ever failed, it wouldn't be along the stitch lines.

try some used trawler netting for your next oyster stout...

Latest posts

Back