Nsw Xmas Case 2007 - Recipes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thnks for that Stuster. Confirms what I've been reading and my own understanding of my beer. I'm going for a revised version for the July case swap so hopefully you'll see some improvements.

I'd say the sweetness, the low head and the low carbonation are related to yeast issues. For a big stout like this, I'd say that the kit yeasts are probably not up to it. The yeast had probably given up the ghost by the time you primed it. It'd be worth getting some better yeasts for this if you do it again (and in general IMO). S-04 might be a good one for this, or Nottingham is supposedly good for dark beers. US-05 would work well too. HTH.

I thought when I drank it it was almost as if it wasn't fully fermented - the yeast giving up the ghost may well explain that feeling. Otherwise, Stu's review looks like it might be on the money. You gotta try it again sometime - when you get it right I reckon it'll be a ripper.

When you revise the recipe, send it to me. Look forward to it if you put one into the June case swap.

Latest posts

Back