Not enough fizz in kegs!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
using that spreadsheet which Calculated line length should be used ? and what is the difference between the two?

James_Dru said:
...between 3-8 psi.....
there's the under-carbed problem right there... Your beer might carb up @ 35 PSI for days, but it will go flat again if kept at this pressure... most beers should be kept @ 10-14 psi (depending on carb preference or style)...

obviously, with the higher pressure, you are going to need narrower and longer lines (8mm is super fat)... 5 or 4 is optimal, if you are running 4mm lines, you can have them a bit shorter etc.

Thanks dannymars one thing though the taps I bought at the brew shop where you put the hose on is for that thickness of line......

Is that the outside diameter? in internal diameter? it's the ID that counts in most calculations.

Oh fair enough I've had it for a while so can't remember so I just put the vernier callipers on the outside....

8mm OD is generally 5mm ID which is normal, and 3m is probably close to optimum length, though as others said start at 4m or 3.5m like I did and settled at 3m. Height of taps relative to keg plays a part also, as that will contribute to back pressure/resistance, as will line ID and length.

Back