Not Discouraged in Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menoetes

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm an amateur home brewer and enthusiastic beer drinker from Brisbane having got a Brigalow fermenting kit from my father for my birthday last year.

Not much luck to report yet I fear; a few failed attempts at brewing that produced some pretty sour beer despite my best efforts. :unsure:

Nether the less, my spirit is undiminished and I continue to try, with a lager in the FV at the moment.

I came across this forum while looking for tips and it looks like the place to be for persons interested in brewing beer in the Land of Oz, so here I am.

Hopefully with the help of a few kind souls I might learn some more and get my first good brew out some time soon!

Cheers.

Welcome :)

I am pretty new myself too, but sour sounds like an infection to me (happy to be corrected). Make sure to clean and sanitise everything VERY thoroughly.

Thanks for the welcoming spirit guys and the advice too, I look forward developing my brew-craft here :)

menoetes said:
Thanks for the welcoming spirit guys and the advice too, I look forward developing my brew-craft here :)
menoetes,

As was mentioned before: Welcome to the forum & as also mentioned earlier BABBS in Brissie is a good place to learn about brewing.
Sadly, I was long gone (To The Coast) before I found homebrewing/AHB/BABBS & can say with absolute sincerity that you can achieve (Corrected :p ) all you want beer-wise from AHB & BABBS if you're keen?
Good luck with it. :p

I've just googled BABBS and it does look interesting, there's a meeting this thursday (a night I am at work I'm afraid) and every other last thursday of the month. I'll have to attend a meeting some time. :)

menoetes said:
every other last forth thursday of the month. I'll have to attend a meeting some time. :)
The only month with no meeting is December. Meeting are the 4th Thursday of the month (just to confuse people). It normally is the last of the month but there are a few months each year with 5 Thursdays.

Do come, you won't regret it :)

King Brown Brewing said:
Will anyone even be at the meeting or down at Good Beer Week....?
I'll be at the meeting, so there's 1 :p

Back