No Irish, please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She replied to the recruiter but has heard nothing back.

I understand your clients sentiments. However, I do not drink alcohol nor do I consume animal products.

Why the **** do vegans (supposing she isn't Hindu) imagine this droll factoid is pertinent to basically any conversation?

stereotype.jpg

Dave70 said:
She replied to the recruiter but has heard nothing back.

I understand your clients sentiments. However, I do not drink alcohol nor do I consume animal products.

Why the **** do vegans (supposing she isn't Hindu) imagine this droll factoid is pertinent to basically any conversation?
Maybe she is just trying to piss you off ?
Fecking bitch.
Actually describes my wife, the vegan part.
No comment on the other :D

Wouldn't it be amusing if the Korean employer tried to get the story pulled because of racism?

Dave70 said:
I think they perceive they have a right to take the moral high ground due to their lifestyle choices.

They can have their peripheral neuropathy from B12 deficiency and I'll eat meat in moderation and still be able to feel my toes in 5 years time.

Veganism seems to upset at least as many omivorous people as the other way around in my experience.

I know quite a few vegoes and vegans who can feel their toes just fine. Why other people's dietary choices are of concern to so many is beyond me.

Online Brewing Supplies said:
Actually describes my wife, the vegan part.
As is my sister.
Its not the lifestyle choice so much as the 'Meat is murder' key fob that gets my (murdered) goat.

But you realise your constant, persistent effort to point out how self righteous all vegans must be, puts you in the same boat right?

Let your sister be a self appointed moral guardian. Eat bacon. Move on with life.

TimT said:
Wouldn't it be amusing if the Korean employer tried to get the story pulled because of racism?
i thought Australia was the only racist country. At least that's what the media portrays.

The irony of a whole country being described as racist is rib-tickling. I have a work colleague who once said he hated the Irish because they're racist. Almost back on topic.

Koreans are very blunt by nature, when I used to visit my grandmother as a young boy I would often see signs in the windows stating 'Lodgings available,
no Irish and no dogs'. Much to the relief of the Irish the blacks started coming in in the early 50's.

Actually, as someone of Irish ancestry, I think the dumb/drunk/fighty Irish stereotype can be damaging. An Irish bloke in Melbourne not so long ago was in court after damaging a hotel by opening the tap in a fire hose. Would usually not rate a mention in the press, but they went to town with the drunk/stupid Irish thing. The bloke was so embarrassed he topped himself. Obviously had other stuff going on (family breakdown), but the press coverage was a contributing factor (according to the press, funnily enough). I obviously posted this, so am not entirely against taking the piss out of the Irish, but it IS a racist trope perpetuated by the English, who are responsible for Irish Catholic disenfranchisement in the first instance!

manticle said:
But you realise your constant, persistent effort to point out how self righteous all vegans must be, puts you in the same boat right?

Let your sister be a self appointed moral guardian. Eat bacon. Move on with life.
I just think following 'I do not drink alcohol nor do I consume animal products' is kind of a bizarre non sequitur is all. I'm not pacing the room seething at the idea of vegans.

Admittedly it does have the potential to strike the same irksome chords as people who make a point of saying stuff like, 'Oh no thanks, I can enjoy myself without alcohol'.

Pfft..as if.

Latest posts

Back