No Chill and whirlpool

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll probably find that there will be some trub in the cube when it cools down, I usually have some in there after it cools even if there's none when it initially goes in. I think this cube trub is more like a cold break than hot break though so not too much to worry about. I keep the vast majority of it out of the fermenter too though, mainly because tipping it all in makes the trub level too close to the fermenter tap.

You'll probably find that there will be some trub in the cube when it cools down, I usually have some in there after it cools even if there's none when it initially goes in. I think this cube trub is more like a cold break than hot break though so not too much to worry about. I keep the vast majority of it out of the fermenter too though, mainly because tipping it all in makes the trub level too close to the fermenter tap.

Yeah I use the cube sedimentation as a secondary trub filter. I think its still hot break, just the very fine stuff that never clumped. I would pour it through a voile (BIAB material) sheet if I could. But mostly I dont want that stuff in the beer to begin with.

I have a couple of cubes that had washing liquid in them. What’s the best way to clean them?

Latest posts

Back