Next brew- Country Brewer Choc Oatmeal Stout Wetpak

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bizenya

Reaction score
Hey all

So IPA all done, bottled and now conditioning- so keeping things rolling have laid down a stout.

Want to keep it simple, and have always wanted to do a oatmeal stout, so went with this pack as is. Happily bubbling away at 18C with krausen evident this morning.

Anyone had this kit and thoughts?

I brewed this kit up last year and it was awesome, if you can keep some bottles stashed away somewhere for about 6 months or so it just keeps getting better. I wish I still had some left.

I remember cooking this kit up on the stove and having to keep stirring just to keep that foam from coming up over the top of my 10L pot.

Enjoy it.

Yeah I'm thinking it's going to come out ok

Grav check (1020) and taste last night was good

Stalled.....1020 last night have increased a temp to 19.5 and swirled . Some Movement today / down to 1018 -I think patience is now the key

Yeah agree/ it's an odd one ( for me anyway) as it's very very slowly coming down- it's about 1013 now, so a little bit more and happy days.

Great little lesson in checking the gravity to determine final- the airlock movement is very minimal, and if this was the indicator it may have proven costly!!

Latest posts

Back