Newby Just Saying Hi

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter2468

Reaction score
G'day every one I just wanted to say hi, i'm new to brewing and learning as i go. I have just bottled my first batch today and put the second brew down, changed a few little things with the second one. Now time for what is probably a stupid question, my first brew only dropped down to 1014 sg it was the same reading for three days so I bottled it. I didn't check the OG but it was morgans Australian bitter 1.7kg with 600g dextrose and 400g corn syrup (both in powder form) it was down for 11 days in total and the temp was about 22c the whole time. Is this normal? should I lookout for exploding bottles?

The corn syrup (presumably maltodextrin) will mean it finishes a bit higher than your average kit/kilo. If the temp was stable and you didn't overprime I reckon it should be OK.

In two weeks time open one and see how gassy it is. Next time try and drop the temp closer to 18-20 (although 22 isn't too bad)

The corn syrup (presumably maltodextrin) will mean it finishes a bit higher than your average kit/kilo. If the temp was stable and you didn't overprime I reckon it should be OK.

In two weeks time open one and see how gassy it is. Next time try and drop the temp closer to 18-20 (although 22 isn't too bad)
Cool, thank you.

Back