Newbie from Newy.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterh4334

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Recently new to home brewing from Newcastle, NSW.

Did my first batch of all Grain on January 1 (Brew years day!).
Attempted Bells 2-Hearted IPA recipe I found on the beersmith site. http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/1645/bells-two-hearted-ipa

At the moment due to budget did a BIAB 11 litres into fermenter - bottled 9L.
To maintain mash temp i used an Anova Sous vide immersion cooker - seemed to work really well and also help with circulation.
For first batch did a 2 week dry hop and cold crashed for 3 days before bottling last friday.

Waiting the 3 weeks for bottle conditioning before finding out how it went - excited to crack it open in a fortnight and see how it went.

Currently deciding on what recipe to do next.
I recently got a pretty good book: brew your own big book of homebrewing which has some recipies from big US brewers that i want to try, primarily Founders Breakfast Stout , Pliny the Elder DIPA and paulander heffeweissen.

Big fan of Belgian Dubbels and Triples and choc/coffee stouts in the cooler months and love my hop-forward juice bomb IPAs during warmer months.

Am pretty keen to get a brew day in at least every 2 months so I can improve and find out what works.
After first brew have been immersing myself in youtube vids, brewing podcasts, books, forums - finding all the areas i dont know about soo fascinating and looking forward to doing more brews soon.

Prost!
Pete

Welcome Pete, sounds like you have done your research. I think I did more research and study over the first few months of brewing than I did for 3 degrees combined...

Head over to the hunterbrewers thread (not sure if I am allowed to post a link to the forum) but there are regular meetings on the third Friday of the month if you wanted to meet other brewers. Great bunch of guys and lots of knowledge and of course beer shared within the club.

See you around!

Latest posts

Back