New Years Eve - So Whats On Tap?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
Well the weather here seems to have ruled out the "camping-at-the-beach" party at Beachmere (ok - mud flats really). So I'll have to reorganise the fridge and go with -
a) Weizened up (AG, WB-06 Hefe with added banana)
B) Flying Pig Bitter (AG sort of an ESB)
c) HIPA v3 (AG, UK/USA crossover IPA)
d) Smoked Robust Porter (AG)

That should remove a few of those annoying brain cells.
Who else is staying home and lightening kegs this year?
View attachment 16940

Quiet party here. I'll be tackling a keg of 6% pale ale made with 100% Bairds Perle, & 100% Palisade to 40IBU.... & a bottle of Remy Martin :eek:

Happy New Year :party:

A very quaffable Squires Golden clone and "black death" 6.2% abv strong dark ale. The black death is not a great summer drinking beer but makes a superior black & tan, particularly when mixed with Boag's Draught.

Should be fairly quiet one here tonight, only having a few people over.

Amber Ale, Golden Ale clone & a Weizen on tap ready to go...well OK...I've already started...but only just now....really...I have :lol:

cliffo

North German Weizen, Bavarian Hefe Weizen, Aussie Lager, Wit, Magnum APA, American Brown all AG.

I was going to close out the year with a 2007 Coopers Vintage ale and a 2007 Chimay Blue. Prolly a few pales to warm up.

Cheers,
Greg

Just dropped a keg of amarillo/cascade APA (plus my gas bottle and one of my Celli's) over to a mate's for the party tonight. Got a six pack of Mac's Hoprocker and a couple Fuller's ESB to maintain the variety. Thai porkbelly is braising in the oven, nothing left to do now but play the waiting game.......

A keg of Alpha PA clone will be tapped and finished with some mates tonight :D

POR Aussie Pale Ale

Get your knitting needles out boys :)

cheers

Pretty much the same 6 i had on tap for the swap... except an esspresso stout instead of Mothballs Aussie Ale...
The down side is Mrs Sqyre is having a few "weird feelings" in the pregnant gut department...
So i cant hit the sauce too hard as we might be having the first 2008 baby...
But its probably a false alarm... <_<

Sqyre..

Meeting up with a mate who has a 5 hour stop over in Sydney, so will be drinking whatever swill there is at the pubs near the International Terminal! Then home on the train to see in 2008 with an Imperial (well, 6.4%) Summer Ale. Maris Otter + Nelson Sauvin = :chug:

Pretty much the same 6 i had on tap for the swap... except an esspresso stout instead of Mothballs Aussie Ale...
The down side is Mrs Sqyre is having a few "weird feelings" in the pregnant gut department...
So i cant hit the sauce too hard as we might be having the first 2008 baby...
But its probably a false alarm... <_<

Sqyre..

Ambulance on speed dial Bruce?

Is it wrong of me to've purchased my drinks for the NYE party? :ph34r:

Not having a portakeg and nothing in bottles, I bought a slab of Furstenberg for $39 at First Choice. Given it's 42C and temps set to drop minimally overnight, I figured it'll quench the thirst. nicely.

[edit]Forecast from BOM:
Forecast for Monday evening
Fine. A hot and oppressive night with a moderate northerly wind.

Precis: Oppressive night. <---- bloody fantastic

Forecast for Tuesday
Continuing fine. A partly cloudy day with moderate north to northwest wind
shifting cooler southerly late morning or early afternoon.

Precis: Cool change developing.
City: Min 27 Max 37

[edit]Forecast from BOM:
Forecast for Monday evening
Fine. A hot and oppressive night with a moderate northerly wind.

Precis: Oppressive night. <---- bloody fantastic

Forecast for Tuesday
Continuing fine. A partly cloudy day with moderate north to northwest wind
shifting cooler southerly late morning or early afternoon.

Precis: Cool change developing.
City: Min 27 Max 37

ouch thats hot. dont forget the water!

oh, and happy new year all. cheers.
joe

taking a few longies of my 'NSPA' (not-so pale ale) down to a mates nye party... if i can work out the best / least messy way to decant from my keg via beer gun

Just got back after a roadtrip with the family to Brisbane and back over the last 10 days, and it is a pleasure to sit down at the taps and sample everything :p
I also picked up some fine belgians in BrisVegas including La Trappe Quadrupel, so if I last the night then that may get a start.

Doc

Been saving them for ages
1 Kristallweissbier Wheat beer
1 Hefeweissbier Wheat beer
1 Hefeweissbier Dunkel Dark Wheat beer
1 Weihenstephan Pilsner
1 Weihenstephan Dark Lager

and if not full as a skunk by then anything alcoholic :p

Im draining my Pilsener Keg(s) tonight, (as almost every night :lol: )

have a few beer samples from brewmates to assess (thanks Alex for your Corona Clone), washing down some finger food.

Cheers mates, you are already 8 to 10 hours ahead of us.

happy new year to everybody :icon_cheers: :beer: :party:

I have a weizenbock on tap. Been sampling it over the last few days, should be peaking tonight... :p

I'll go with beers on this one, a bottle of Remy Martin VSOP champagne cognac to toast the new year.

WJ

Champers, my ESB Mk III, red wine (to go with slow cooked roast lamb) and then some Hennessey Paradis Extra (which I got cheapish at a charity night).

Happy New Year everyone.

Edit: Spelling

Latest posts

Back