New Single Tier Build Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dat is some shineeeee bling'o'spank-tacular shiat!!

what'd the pump set you back?

[edit] and how long to shine those kegs? or did the kids get a hold of the grinder for pocket money? :lol:

"you dont get ya dosh till I can see my face in the keg and nothing if you sever an artery"!! :p

Got the pump for $180 from memory.

Actually not long to shine the kegs, but the photo probably makes it look much better than it is. Really just wanted to get the paint, stickers and other rubbish off of them, but getting a shine like that wasnt overly difficult. Cant say Im gonna sit there for 6 hours per keg to get a mirror like some though....

Nice work Elbeero, looks great! What is the blue material you put on the mash tun?

Lol, the blue material is el-cheapo camp mat. Was going to go nitrile rubber or similar, but thought i'd give this a crack as its still closed cell foam, so may do the job and was far far cheaper...

Hey Elbeero - looks good.

Do you mind me asking you about the gas fittings and how you ended up plumbing it all together? I seem to see small bore copper pipe (1/4") connecting to the burners? Did you go with flexibles at all?

I am currently putting together my build and not surer if I will use flexible or not. Am a bit nervous of having flexible tubing too close to the mongolian burners.

Good work!

Hey Elbeero - looks good.

Do you mind me asking you about the gas fittings and how you ended up plumbing it all together? I seem to see small bore copper pipe (1/4") connecting to the burners? Did you go with flexibles at all?

I am currently putting together my build and not surer if I will use flexible or not. Am a bit nervous of having flexible tubing too close to the mongolian burners.

Good work!

Sure thing. At the moment, its basically a galvanised pipe manifold, with two tees, then 1/4 inch copper tubing with flared fittings to the burners. I had a fellow gas fitter/brewer help me out with it, as I wanted it to be safe. Both burners will shortly be fitted with pilot lights and flame fail devices, and the burner under the mash tun will have a solenoid valve fitted. With respect to the flexible hosing, I too had thought about using the braided type, but was strongly advised against it, in preference to copper tubing with flared fittings. Hope this helps at all.

Latest posts

Back