New Single Tier Build Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elbeero

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time reader, but never really posted much....

Anyways, Ive been in the process of building a single tier rig for a little while now and figured I should probably start a build thread....

Kegs have been acquired (legally!), tops cut out etc, and a massively over engineered brew stand is half finished - welded, requires finishing and painting etc. Here's a picture of how it was the other day, and with a bracket for the HLT burner fabricated and installed. And yes, it'd be easy to critique my piss poor welding, but I don't profess to being a pro, and that's why its over engineered.....

Have recently moved back to Adelaide, after spending 6 years in Brissy, so always keen to share the obsession with anyone in Adelaide. Will updat this thread with progress as it happens, which is very slow, given the two little tackers which take up the majority of my time....

Cheers.

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

Looking good! Is that the final height or is it getting legs or castors?

It'll be getting casters, so another 70-100mm. It was originally taller, but was far too tall, and then I was concerned that I took off too much height, but with the casters on, should be about right im hoping.

i'll keep an eye on your build as im also keen to start a brewery build, if you could give any dimensions that would be great too . by the way it is starting to look great.

Looking good! Is that the final height or is it getting legs or castors?

Looks great - Adelaide Merchandising have practically every type of castor under the sun at good prices. HERE..no affliliation

They are over the other side of town but I'm sure they have something for the mass

Have recently moved back to Adelaide, after spending 6 years in Brissy, so always keen to share the obsession with anyone in Adelaide.

Check out Brew Adelaide forum in my signatures for local events. Good luck with the build.

i'll keep an eye on your build as im also keen to start a brewery build, if you could give any dimensions that would be great too . by the way it is starting to look great.

Its roughly 1600mm long, 400mm deep, and will be approx 600mm high once the casters are sourced and installed. Maybe a bit longer than most, but I want a nice gap between the burners and my mash tun, as i'm currently insulating it.

Looks great - Adelaide Merchandising have practically every type of castor under the sun at good prices. HERE..no affliliation

They are over the other side of town but I'm sure they have something for the mass

Brilliant, thanks for the link, ill be visiting them shortly! Checked out all the usual sources hoping for success, but have been disappointed, but this looks the goods.

Looking for suggestions on gas plumbing...

Get gas fitter to do it or DIY? I know how it needs to look and work, and will be a simple system, just a couple of tees, valves to flexible lines to burners etc. If diy I've no idea where to source parts such as threaded pipe to length etc, but figure somewhere like reece might be the go.

Open to suggestions!

First coat of high temp coating applied today....

Probably could've cleaned up some welds a little more, but time is a luxury with 2 toddlers....

IMAG0124.jpg

Second coat dry, and casters installed. Not much change from last pic, but hey im excited about it anyway!

IMAG0126.jpg

That's perrrrrrrrrty!

I think the days of the milk crate and outdoor table brewstand are numbered!

Looking good. My brew stand is a old bbq I just put the burner on the lid. Orded a pump as hurt my back last time lifting 52lts of wort onto it from the floor

Righto, so even SWMBO commented that the rig looked 'like something', so im starting to see the light....

Hoping to break it in within about 3 weeks, depending on time I can get in the shed.

Most of the electricals are good to go, apart from some tidying up. Gas side is close, just need a little more work to go. Bit more plumbing and all is good!

IMAG0148.jpg

dat is some shineeeee bling'o'spank-tacular shiat!!

what'd the pump set you back?

[edit] and how long to shine those kegs? or did the kids get a hold of the grinder for pocket money? :lol:

"you dont get ya dosh till I can see my face in the keg and nothing if you sever an artery"!! :p

Righto, so even SWMBO commented that the rig looked 'like something', so im starting to see the light....

Hoping to break it in within about 3 weeks, depending on time I can get in the shed.

Most of the electricals are good to go, apart from some tidying up. Gas side is close, just need a little more work to go. Bit more plumbing and all is good!

Nice job Elbeero, got me thinking about going single tier now B)

Yard

Latest posts

Back