New Recipe Book

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosswill

Reaction score
My son, who currently resides in the UK, sent me a belated Fathers Day gift which arrived yesterday. Graham Wheeler's British Real Ale (3rd edition). Woo hoo. It has over 100 current and recently defunct British Ale recipes.
What a blessing to have kids so in tune with your passion. I can't wait to get started on some new recipes. I havn't done a mild yet, so maybe that will be first cab off the rank.

Awesome!
Mild is excellent for summer.
You can drink 2 dozen of them and still feel like driving home. ;)

Love that book. Also if you join the Jims Beer Kit UK brewing forum, GW is a regular on it. You will note that he doesn't go much into what yeasts or varieties of malt to use in each recipe, but depending on the styles you normally can't go wrong using Maris Otter, Golden Promise etc and selecting an appropriate Wyeast or other liquid yeast.

Personally for a great mild I would recommend the Batemans recipe and use Ringwood yeast.

:icon_cheers:

Awesome!
Mild is excellent for summer.
You can drink 2 dozen of them and still feel like driving home. ;)
Well, not all milds are low alcohol. There is one in the Graham Wheeler book which has OG of 1058. Have 2 dozen of them and likely you won't even stand up, let alone drive home.

Then again, I shouldn't judge the capacity of others on this forum on my own limited ability to hold my grog.

Back